Using GH Flora Trio in Soil/ or is there a better option?

elikova

Jun 14, 2020
Hello folks. I planted one seed just for fun and it's growing pretty good thus far. However, I planted it in soil that is probably not that heavily fertilized. Despite this the plant appears to be growing great, but it's only got a few true-leaves. I have a bunch of fertilizers - a tiny bit of left over vermiculate, perlite, bat guano, garden lime, etc. Then I have the Flora Trio. I'd like an idea of a very easy solution of how I can fertilize my plants to try to get a great yield this year. That's my explanation, but if you could answer some questions below, that'd help. Also any additional info you could give would be helpful as well.

1.) Can I use the Flora-Trio in the soil I'm growing in (loam) and how? and if not what should I mix it with?
2.) If I wanted to could I grow in JUST coca coir and water in the GH Trio mixture into the coir and what would be a good ratio/mix.
3.) Is there an easy/ simple/ low maintenance soil I could use / would 2 year old pro-mix be able to be used (I have a lot,) in combination with the Trio.

Thanks, Eli.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Hello folks. I planted one seed just for fun and it's growing pretty good thus far. However, I planted it in soil that is probably not that heavily fertilized. Despite this the plant appears to be growing great, but it's only got a few true-leaves. I have a bunch of fertilizers - a tiny bit of left over vermiculate, perlite, bat guano, garden lime, etc. Then I have the Flora Trio. I'd like an idea of a very easy solution of how I can fertilize my plants to try to get a great yield this year. That's my explanation, but if you could answer some questions below, that'd help. Also any additional info you could give would be helpful as well.

1.) Can I use the Flora-Trio in the soil I'm growing in (loam) and how? and if not what should I mix it with?
2.) If I wanted to could I grow in JUST coca coir and water in the GH Trio mixture into the coir and what would be a good ratio/mix.
3.) Is there an easy/ simple/ low maintenance soil I could use / would 2 year old pro-mix be able to be used (I have a lot,) in combination with the Trio.

Thanks, Eli.
Used potting soil can be great and I recycle mine. I do this to grow natural weed for the most part. I only add a few fertilizers and try to get my soil alive which can mean bugs at times. Of which I use diluted vinegar spray, dollar store cinnamon or sometimes pepper or mint to treat any infestations of almost anything. The most important thing about using peat moss or peat moss products is their acidity. So I use dolomite lime to sweeten my soil and it supplies the calcium in flower and raises the ph. I actually have a dichlorination barrel where I fill it with two weeks of water and let it degas the chlorine and I add a few heaping tablespoons to this 15 gallons of water. And its a cure for PH/Calcium problems in late flower. And the yellow leaves happen less.

Back