Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

Water ph

Bombard

Hi all. I am new to this site. Looking for help. I am growing Chocolope in soil using the TLO method. This is my third indoor grow. Last two did good. This grow I forgot to PH rain water for the whole grow so far. When I tested the water the PH was low 7s. Would this cause the leaves to yellow and the stems and stalk to turn purple? I also have three younger Super Lemon Haze in a different tent showing the same signs. Used high PH rain water on these. I have since balanced the PH and watered for two weeks but not much improvement. Also added CalMag. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠Through my experience once the leaves turn yellow as yours have they will not become solid green again how often are you watering
No grower wants to see yellow leaves. Withering plants in the grow op are a miserable sight. Unfortunately not every cannabis crop grows trouble free. This can be due to incalculable reasons. It can be anything from grower errors to invasive microorganisms. Of course, we cannot provide you with a surefire silver bullet solution for every potential cannabis plant . But we certainly can try and help you. Specifically to correctly identify most of the common causes for yellow leaves. Any home grower can implement our advice to avoid cannabis plants 'leaves turning yellow. Now let’s get into the specifics The very first step is accurate diagnosis. What is the cause of the yellow leaves spoiling your cannabis plants? Chlorosis in ordinary decent grower terms means loss of chlorophyll. In order to effectively apply treatment, you must know what you’re dealing with. Don’t jump to conclusions. Don’t panic. The leaves on your cannabis plants are like biological solar panels. They are essential to photosynthesis. Removing all the yellow leaves is not recommended surgery, especially for young plants. Correct identification of the source of the problem and swift remedial action can restore marijuana. Senescence is when plants will naturally yellow off and die. During the final weeks of flowering do not be alarmed. Leaf drop and yellowing always increases. Flushing plants with pure water or a flushing solution at the end of bloom will also rid the medium of residual nutrients and often causes leaves to yellow what cannabis leaves can tell you common causes of yellow leaves
The following is not a definitive list of the causes for chlorosis. It is such a common symptom, that sick plants display, we could write a book, but not today. That being said, we have focused on the most common causes for yellow leaves based on first hand growers experiences. The most common error of growers are watering/overwatering Cannabis plants will only thrive with an effective wet/dry cycle . This means you must water the right amount at the right time, with every watering. So what's the best way to tell if your marijuana is thirsty? Lift up the containers when they are dry. Then again after watering, so you will know the difference in weight Perhaps it’s not possible to easily lift plants? Then you can purchase a humidity meter to insert into the pot. Check twice, and then check again Treatment: Monitor the plant's post feeding behavior closely. Use one of the measures above to more accurately gauge when to water to prevent recurrence. Too much water can lead to root rot. Too little water will stunt growth. Keep a grow diary if you must and try to get into a routine as the grow progresses Treatment: . . watering your cannabis plant Even soil growers need to at least come close to getting the idea P.H of 6.0-7.0 and maintain it, otherwise plants will suffer. 5.5 to 6.5 pH is generally agreed upon as the recommended Yellow leaves can be a warning sign, that you don’t have your nutes dialed in and the pH is off. Essentially when the pH of your nutrient solution strays above or below the particular sweet spot for your substrate, it prevents complete absorption of all the elements of the solution. Roots are starved of certain nutrients and micronutrients as the incorrect pH causes a lockout Treatment: Invest in a pH pen or cannabis fertilizers with pH-perfect solutions, that can auto adjust a wider pH range. Flush plants with pure water and then resume feeding with a light dialed in solution to suit your growing medium. you might also want to try adding chelated Liquid Iron with your nutes Again, plants need just the right nutrients at the right time. Read the dosage instructions on the label of every bottle of fertilizer before adding to water. : As you might have guessed, begin treatment with a flush of pure water. Then follow up with the manufacturers recommended dose at the particular growth/flowering stage. A good rule of thumb is to increase doses incrementally and monitor plant behavior before further increasing the strength of the solution. I would also say wait for a comment from Sunshine he is the Wizard on here sorry and I said I wasn't going to write another book by Alphatoy I hope this can help you Bombard also welcome to the FC Family.:mask:

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @Bombard :)
Would this cause the leaves to yellow and the stems and stalk to turn purple?
Not normally no.

Did you add mycos and lime to your soil?
Is this the first run in this soil mix?
Have you experienced temperature fluctuations?
It certainly looks like you're experiencing some kind of lock out, this could be caused by ph or root damage or poor watering ie over/under as @Alphatoy has explained.
How much are you watering and how frequently?
Did the containers get particularly dry or wet recently?
what size containers are they in?
when did the problem start?
Have you added anything else recently?

To be honest it doesn't look great so for now I'd recommend taking swift action and giving your plants a good soaking with 1/4 strength organic liquid fertiliser until you experience a good 20% run off and then leaving her and waiting for signs of recovery.

Bombard

I have used this soil before. Yes Micos no lime. I have noticed that other than the leave yellowing the plant seems to be growing fine. Put them into flower two weeks ago and they did the stretch. I have the watering down. About every three days. Not over watering them.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠I myself have mine in 7 gal pots and water mine every 7 to 8 days when my meter shows me low moister as sunshine asked what size pots are you using. :mask:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Lime is useful in helping prevent your ph dropping out of range in organic growing as many of the amendments we use in organic soil can pull your ph down over time.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠I would switch to larger pots you are probably getting root bound and lockout 3 gal pot with that much water good for root rot also. :mask:

Top Bottom