Western Colorado strains

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
Good morning all,

Working on m 2nd indoor grow and the wife wants to do an outside grow as well; so with that said are there any outdoor growers from Western CO or Eastern UT that can pass on a few strains they grew successfully outside in our particular environment? (Bentonite clay, arid, elevation.....)

(Not looking for seeds , just types of strains)

Attachments

• 195840046_10158656174972620_405116669866177166_n.jpg
    195840046_10158656174972620_405116669866177166_n.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 70

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
You need to dig a good size hole minimum 2 feet deep 2 feet wide. Don't leave smooth edge in hole when digging create voids on edges of hole for roots to go to. Make square hole so roots won't circle the hole. Put a good potting soil mix like fox farm happy frog. Or do what I do when have crappy soil. I use 20 gallon fabric pots that take almost 3 cubic feet of soil for each pot.

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
I think the pots outside is probably the best route like you said colamaker. Just gotta get the fencing set up then, I have a minor child in the house so i have to be able to lock the access to the plants from all sides and the top according to CO regulations.

As for strains, I'm still open for ideas

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
You can get fencing in a roll and stakes pretty cheap. If you have a home depot, tractor supply ect. Those places have them pretty cheap. Save some of the roll to make a roof. Ill show you.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Also look online for people getting rid of dog kennels for cheap or free. Thats what I did. Then added the extra fencing to extend the size.

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Just seen your post I might be a little late but if your weather is anything like BC weather I would choose a strain that is indica dominant and finishes off in no more than 60 days in flower. Most kush plants fall within that range and that's where I would start OG Kush eg.

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
Worth a try just for yourself though. They are very young. Also you never answered : did your other plant hermy. It seems likely it did which means you can still have fun with them just don't grow another strain with as the hermy trait will pass on.

Some strains I remember being popular in SW Colorado when I lived there include Durban Poison, chemdawg, Sour D, Trainwreck, white widow, blue dream, tangerine dream, and grapefruit.
That's funny because those are all strains they sell here, so it make sense their locally grown.....i kind of feel dumb just figuring this out lol.

RancidJay

May 3, 2021
Also look online for people getting rid of dog kennels for cheap or free. Thats what I did. Then added the extra fencing to extend the size.
We do dog rescue so we already have a bunch, gonna use the biggest one for the "locked and secure" part of CO regulations ( i have nosy retired neighbors) thanks a million!!! also brilliant on the rollover the top.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Awesome. Yea the roof worked perfectly. The fence from being rolled already had the perfect curve in it. Was so easy. I was going to use pvc pipe to make curve for roof but this worked out better than I would have thought. But the dog kennels are perfect.

TossWeed

Jul 24, 2020
You need to dig a good size hole minimum 2 feet deep 2 feet wide. Don't leave smooth edge in hole when digging create voids on edges of hole for roots to go to. Make square hole so roots won't circle the hole. Put a good potting soil mix like fox farm happy frog. Or do what I do when have crappy soil. I use 20 gallon fabric pots that take almost 3 cubic feet of soil for each pot.
It sounds from this post my student listened ,,,šŸ˜€.

Back