Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Question What action would be best

Indoor Growing

Question What action would be best

Acestall

So I'm about week 4 in flower and my girl looks good (to me) but one stock is different it started with red hair and I never got trycomes on any of it while the other stocks are white and green still getting bigger and plenty of trycomes

If u look at the pictures the rest of the plant is growing good looks nice but the one stock is different I was told it's genetic but I call BS it may be root bound of some sort my first plant and I used dirt but I guess I just need to know if I should chop that whole thing off or just let it be

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @Acestall :)
The problem is with the soil itself which looks very dense and doesn't look like it contains perlite. Is it garden top soil?
The problem with this kind of dense soil is that it holds far too much water and lacks drainage which drowns the roots starving them of oxygen. At this stage there's not much in the way of remedial action you can take other than being extremely careful not to over water.
I'd suggest taking a few cuttings for the next run and or starting some new seeds with a fresh new soil mix.
Good luck and keep us posted! 👍

Acestall

No this is dirt hard dirt and I'll never do it again ha. I don't know what perlite is but I'll look into that right now.would it be recommended to cut the dieing stock down though?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
If you have a seperate area you could repot it into your new soil mix and put the lights in the other area on 20 on 4 off and it will regrow/rejuvinate/revegg, then you could flower it again in a few weeks when it's healthy.
Would you like a simple soil mix recipe?

Acestall

Yes I would Im just not sure what to buy and I need to figure it out because I can't do it like this again I'm sure this is why my canopy isn't growing even. I don't plan to repot it I'm going to find another strain I'm not sure this is what the store said it was (Taho) I should have a new one started in a couple weeks so I need to find the medium soon

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
  • You need good organic potting compost as your base
  • Perlite (approx 25% Off your mix)
  • Vermiculite (approx 15%)
  • Mycorrhizae (few teaspoons per pot)
  • Fish blood and bone meal (8-10 tablespoons per 5 gal pot)
  • Dolomite lime (4 tablespoons per 5 gal pot)
It's really worth getting all these things and not cutting corners. Then you can just add water all the way through to harvest 👍

Top Bottom