WANTED Whatever happened to red hair seisamillia ?

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I remember sens* first real high off of real different weed. pink eyes* lol. and it didn`t take much., just a couple of tokes off a little joint. they say it (sens)* is just an expression of a 97% seedless strain. but those who have smoked sens, know sens is a totally different high. truly a spiritual one. almost Christlike, with all that supernatural tone. lol . truly a cool smoke****! truly <3 <3
I remember it being a good mostly Sativa about 17% THC or so. It wasn't as strong as the Thai that had been coming around since the 60's. I would say it was a preference if you compare it to the known spectrum of strains. But it was a nice easy high without much couchlock.

TVee

May 20, 2022
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trading at the moment or I would swoop on that. Sounds like a fun pheno hunt.
In my opinion, they all are. Just gotta look out for the quality of the genetics. They should always be fat, fresh, tiger-striped, healthy vigorous gear. (your beans, i mean). I put a list of current stock up in the seed swap. Although i've never traded or sold beans, they were in fact recently officially declared legal, so now i will, and i have some truly rare gear

TVee

May 20, 2022
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local law and DEA don't do fly overs unless they get a report from a call in . Most of the time when they start flyovers are around September and October when the weather cools , then they use infra red cameras on everything from choppers to cargo planes to do fly overs in the mountains. Pot gives off a different heat signature than other greenery and its easier to spot in the fall . The biggest mistake people make is trying to grow it on U.S. forestry land ,believe me when I say if you do they will find out .
You will always get caught growing a large crop, but you can always get away with personal. just get a gorilla tent. The top of the tent blocks IR and IR can't see through an insulated roof anyway. People get caught because they sell, not because they grow. Take it from me, i live 2 miles from one of the largest military bases in this country and helicopters fly over us all day every day with IR.

D

DougieT.

I started my journey with herb the summer of 69'. I've experienced all changes along the way...first Mexican, then Colombian came along but disappeared when they learned there was more $$$$ in blow. Sensimilla (seedless) surfaced in the early 70s' . The risks & costs (exchanging Canadian to American) was the driving force for us Canadians to started growing our own. One of the first successful strains was Northern Lights. My experience with red hair strains were always Indica & were from either the areas of Morocco, Afghanistan or Thailand. I have to say I'm very happy to live in a country where enjoying some fine herb is perfectly legal. :cool:

H

Honeydipperdan

Red hair sensi came from Columbia. Red Bud to compete with Mexican cartels. Still was pollinated and had seeds in most bricks. Dirt brown Mexican weed was 90$ a pound, Columbians came into with $40 an ounce RedBud fucked the market up, but had a better product. Cocaine was their specialty but the weed was high demand so they put the squeeze on Mexican drug market and that’s when shit got violent. Columbian Red Bud is a landrace strain of Sativa just very guarded still today. Changed the whole dynamics of weed in America. People started growing the Red Bud and crossing with strains coming to US soils from Indo Chinese markets from Vietnam War.
In Canada in the early to mid 70's you could buy pound bricks of Mexican for $100 ($25/oz) - they basically stuffed the entire plant into a garbage compacter and let the buyer sort through the seeds and stalks to find the actual weed. Hash or hash oil were better alternatives until Columbian and Thai sticks came along in the late 70's, with pounds selling for ~$1500 (160/oz) and then in the early 80's we started growing sinsemilla skunk which ran $2000/lb ($200/oz) and that pretty much killed the market for Mexican, Columbian, hash and oil. We went from being importers to exporters. Oddly enough, in the early 90's there was a wave of very potent compacted Thai pot that sold for a simlar price as skunk.

Jul 28, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test run 3 way cross of orange bud, AK, cush. 24 planted 14 females and one male left.

Attachments

• MVC-603X.JPG
    MVC-603X.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 35
  • MVC-613X.JPG
    MVC-613X.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 34
  • MVC-612X.JPG
    MVC-612X.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 31
  • MVC-610X.JPG
    MVC-610X.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 34
  • MVC-608X.JPG
    MVC-608X.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 33
  • MVC-607X.JPG
    MVC-607X.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 34
  • MVC-606X.JPG
    MVC-606X.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 30
  • MVC-605X.JPG
    MVC-605X.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 33
  • MVC-604X.JPG
    MVC-604X.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 29

Reznfingeez

Jan 23, 2022
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
In my opinion, they all are. Just gotta look out for the quality of the genetics. They should always be fat, fresh, tiger-striped, healthy vigorous gear. (your beans, i mean). I put a list of current stock up in the seed swap. Although i've never traded or sold beans, they were in fact recently officially declared legal, so now i will, and i have some truly rare gear
The don’t have to have stripes on them . Seeds can be all sorts of colours

Jul 28, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test run 3 way cross of orange bud, AK, cush. 24 planted 14 females and one male left.
Testing done, kept two to run outdoors, number1, all most a one hitter but was the biggest heaviest plant with a buzz like momma. Number12 one hitter almost a quitter but wears off a bit too soon, had skunk stem rubs off and on while growing like the male used. Number5 a one hitter but no cutting kept. Number10 a one hitter with the strongest buzz no cutting kept wish I would of kept it too. All the rest were ok but not special. Next run will be seeds of only number12. Pics of number12 she is not much to look at but may do better outside.

Attachments

• MVC-640X.JPG
    MVC-640X.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 24
  • MVC-639X.JPG
    MVC-639X.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 29

Magu

May 10, 2023
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You said it all when you said "failed but learned from the mistakes" .For. Me it was that is learned just by watching my older siblings and i also failed many times also but as you also figured out that the mistake was now cofirmed a way not to do it!.process of elimination ,huh?.
I have enjoyed alot thru life thus far but there isint much but the birth of my daughter that tops running a flawless perfect run from seed or clone all the way to the home stretch =popping the jar on the atleast 1 month cured fresh flower!!!.And its even better than youd hoped for.You deserve the compliments your very dedicated and consistant.And if i know anything persistance is the main key to just about anything.
Later colamaker ,sincerely your fellow cultivator Kyfb

I’ve probably made more mistakes than success. I learned the hard way about topping plants from a combine cutting the tops off my plants and to find them later all branched out and Y shaped full of buds. I had Johny Law chasing me through creek beds and trees before crawling into a bobcat den to loose them, that was scary as hell. Lost many crops to deer hunters, farmer, and weather, twice to tornado, and once to a flash flood. All because I didn’t want to pay the money for weed. Went through a dry spell for years while raising kids and now I have all these strain options and a forum of growers to connect to. Things have changed since the RedBud days, all for the better. Thanks to Varinaut for turning me onto this site. I’ve been a solo grower for a long time, very different to comprehend all the changes in genetics and the evolution of the culture.

It's so great to see all the love being shared here! What a delightful group, indeed.
AMEN !!!!!

Jul 28, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing done, kept two to run outdoors, number1, all most a one hitter but was the biggest heaviest plant with a buzz like momma. Number12 one hitter almost a quitter but wears off a bit too soon, had skunk stem rubs off and on while growing like the male used. Number5 a one hitter but no cutting kept. Number10 a one hitter with the strongest buzz no cutting kept wish I would of kept it too. All the rest were ok but not special. Next run will be seeds of only number12. Pics of number12 she is not much to look at but may do better outside.
Same plant outside, conditions matter

Attachments

• MVC-639X.JPG
    MVC-639X.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 19
  • MVC-655X.JPG
    MVC-655X.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 19
  • MVC-656X.JPG
    MVC-656X.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 19

Rasterman

Jan 28, 2023
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
does anyone ever come across this strain anymore ? mighty fine summers spent with that smoke.
I spent a couple summers in the early '80s smoking a strain we just called "Sensimilla" in Shasta County. Wonderful stuff.

Rasterman

Jan 28, 2023
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do tell!

Jul 28, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Third generation of orange bud, 26 plants all still alive even the runts. From the most potent female 2nd generation pollinated with two males. Probly my last seed run of pure orange bud, restoration should be finished and will have lots of seeds for future needs. Making more three way cross with cush x ak47 at the same time. Nice long leaf stems and varied pheno's adapting to environment well.

Attachments

• MVC-692X.JPG
    MVC-692X.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-693X.JPG
    MVC-693X.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-694X.JPG
    MVC-694X.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-695X.JPG
    MVC-695X.JPG