When do leaves have a net loss...

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Sometimes I get oversized fan leaves on top that block emerging branches from receiving light and air, and have to pinch or cut those out. Often the lower growth beneath the canopy will fade and turn yellow as it stops receiving light. If left too long they will draw energy from the plant, instead of providing it. It's typically a good idea to snip all the larfy underbrush before it gets too gnarly.

willy

Oct 11, 2020
I read an article that said to keep the leaves not blocking bud zones because as they die, they are feeding the roots. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

willy

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I usually pull it if they turn 3/4 yellow. Or if lower canopy and not getting any good par lighting.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
There is some truth to that, only if you grow organic you can then till the dead leaves back in to the soil.

I wouldn't though, unless I were outside. The chance of pathogens spreading through dead vegetation is one that I don't want to take.

Toasted

Jun 4, 2020
You can clip leaves below the canopy that receive next to no light..they become the liability (take more energy to maintain than they create)..Don't go too crazy or you shock the plant..

Autoflowers might be an exception as they are prone to shock and stunting

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Yea autos sensitive little shits. Autos will usually just drop leaves when done. But on upper I will do some tucking on fan leaves that cover buds

willy

Oct 11, 2020
yes autos are extremely sensitive. I moved one into a clean bucket and within 1 hour, it was wilting all over and was dead by night.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I'm running 1 of your candy creams on next grow willy. Anything I need to know about this strain.

willy

Oct 11, 2020
I have yet to try it. I literally just received them from a seed company and sent them to you. Let me know how they turn out

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I have yet to try it. I literally just received them from a seed company and sent them to you. Let me know how they turn out
Ok I'm starting a thread winter session 2.
Seeds are germing now just waiting to sprout. Doing candy cream, Northern sky and bubble gum again

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Thank you for sending and not even keeping some for yourself. Very generous willy. How's the duck foot. Have you started yet.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Sometimes I get oversized fan leaves on top that block emerging branches from receiving light and air, and have to pinch or cut those out. Often the lower growth beneath the canopy will fade and turn yellow as it stops receiving light. If left too long they will draw energy from the plant, instead of providing it. It's typically a good idea to snip all the larfy underbrush before it gets too gnarly.
🤠Ras it is the other way around when leaves are turning yellow it is because the plant is draining the leaves of neutrants after all the neutrants are used up it will dry up and fall off :mask:

Back