Question why are my girls tiny/non branchy

yazad

hi! this is my almost 2nd grow.

and my plants are so tiny i wonder what my mistake would be..

my plant is almost 50 days old but very short with NO BRANCHING.

my soil comprises of worm casting,perlite,good quality soil,cocoa coir,
light is 50 watts led floodlight.
container is 18 litres.

seed is very nice quality autoflowering,

now some may say major affecting factor is STRAIN
but whatever the strain my seed is.

it is just so small and NON BRANCHY that it is not acceptible.

i want to know where am i wrong..

so that i can rectify it.

every picture i see of any autoflowering plants on google or anywhere are just so perfect.

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
For most new growers mistakes fall into two categories:
Too much water or badly watered - this reduces amount of oxygen available to the roots slowing growth
Too much fertiliser - adding too much hinders growth rather than accelerating it
Throw in high temps and a spell outdoors and that would explain why it is not performing as well as it possibly could.
Strain has a lot to do with it but with auto to get excellent results everything needs to be in the zone from the very beginning any deviation from perfect conditions in the first few weeks will have a large impact on the outcome.
Best thing you can do now is water when the pot is light but the plant is not wilting yet and the soil is not completely dry, don't add fertiliser for a few weeks.
You have much more control with photo/regular strains as you can veg to the size you want, with autos you don't have this luxury.

yazad

my all seeds are autoflowering so i have no choice in future aswell.

i used zero fertilizer till it was alredy 45 days old rather then rare seaweed very low quantity.

light can be the culprit in INITIAL DAYS as the plant was outdoors with less daylight available.

the points wich you have sudgested will be surely considered by me from next time.

i have fixed a small fan for this plant as u said.

there is only the MAIN branch with no othet baranching. THIS IS MY BIGGEST CONCERN.
i guess i will get a single main cola with very tiny flower. as no branch is there.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
You could Lst the plant by gently pulling over the stem with a twist tie attached to the lip of the pot.
This will encourage secondary branching.
There's a good article in the growfaq about this which is well worth a read ;)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
But be warned, since you have an autoflowering strain all stress will cause you to have slowed growth and you can't recover that time like you can with a photo plant. My suggestion would be to simply bend it over ONCE as @Sunshine suggested rather than trying to follow the lengthy spiral type shape in the diagram, as thats intended for photos

yazad

ok i will keep that in mind folks.

now update to my neem oil spray.

some of the all leaves wich were sprayed have become crisp,fragile,

when i crush them they become powder as potato chips does.

but they still are green and not brown.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THE NEW LEAVES WICH ARE COMMING are perfect. they are healthy and in shape.

so whatever the problem happened was on the leaves wich were sprayed neem.

so for me atleast neem is a BIG no to SPRAY. if not for soil drenching.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Did you dilute the neem oil? It needs to be diluted to the correct strength or it will cause problems.
Most people say around 1-2ml/litre and add a drop of dish soap to allow it to mix with the water properly.
Glad to hear the new growth is healthy :)

hi! this is my almost 2nd grow.

and my plants are so tiny i wonder what my mistake would be..

my plant is almost 50 days old but very short with NO BRANCHING.

my soil comprises of worm casting,perlite,good quality soil,cocoa coir,
light is 50 watts led floodlight.
container is 18 litres.

seed is very nice quality autoflowering,

now some may say major affecting factor is STRAIN
but whatever the strain my seed is.

it is just so small and NON BRANCHY that it is not acceptible.

i want to know where am i wrong..

so that i can rectify it.

every picture i see of any autoflowering plants on google or anywhere are just so perfect.

Get yourself some Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil and at least a 400 watt HPS light

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
A true auto should flower regardless of light cycle but 18/6 is the standard for autos.
It looks like some autos are not at all stable and only a % of them inherit the autoflowering trait.
Yes I agree @yazad if you buy something labelled auto it should autoflower, or they should be labelled appropriately.
What light cycle are they currently on?