Question Why do you cultivate?

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
Why do you cultivate?
Example: fun, recreational, scientific, medicinal, bored, etc.?

What have you learned from production?
Example: patience, in ahhh šŸ˜Æ, scientific research/innovation, medicinal, experience, seemed like the thing to do, etc.?

Last edited:

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
I suppose it was originally because of the obscene price. When I first got into Cannabis, it was prohibitively expensive to take every day. I found myself choosing weed over food sometimes. Then I ended up with a collection of bagseed and became drawn to the idea of escaping the business of dirty (traceable) money, and pay for my own supply through the investment of my time, whilst ensuring the quality is exactly to my standards.

Today as a result I consume superior quality bud in greater quantity and far more regularly than I possibly could have before and for far fewer resources input.

It is a no-brainer for anyone who uses Cannabis in quantity. Be your own re-supply. Reap the fruits of your own labor and ultimately, contribute to the selection and preservation of our precious gene stock, so that our kids and their children can enjoy what we did for them.

It comes down to personal responsibility in the end.

God bless y'all!

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
I started as a means to an end; trying to cut my cost down for consumption.

Through cultivating, I found that growing more doesnā€™t always equal more, that a lot of truths arenā€™t exactly factual (bro science), that cultivating takes more patience than a lot of people have ( my first grow, I was that guy back there every 20 minutes when the lights finally cut on, checking to see if anything had changed only to find out that a 3-4 time a day check is all thatā€™s required), also people think that as soon as you cut it down itā€™s ready to go. Lol, you donā€™t know how many times I contact patiences and let them know their product has been cut down and they immediately say,ā€Iā€™ll be over tomorrow to pick it up.ā€ Lol, itā€™s like no, itā€™ll be ready in a week or so.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I don't consume cannabis. I grow for fun and to supply friends and family.
Funny, I've spend thousands over the past few years to get a good setup but to no real end.
Hmmm. Hobbies are funny like that :)
I guess you could say i am like Joshman i grow for my family i have never puffed so i dont know the experience but i am trying to get ahold of some very high CBD for my aches and pains for getting Old then i will try puffing i just like growing since i grow about a hundred differant strains of Orchards in the green house i grow my cannabis in my Man cave

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
I guess you could say i am like Joshman i grow for my family i have never puffed so i dont know the experience but i am trying to get ahold of some very high CBD for my aches and pains for getting Old then i will try puffing i just like growing since i grow about a hundred differant strains of Orchards in the green house i grow my cannabis in my Man cave
Kudos, I love my garden as well. I grow 4 different types of ā€˜maters; Roma, cherubs (tm), early girl, and beefhouse. I love peppers; poblano, banana pepper, Cheyenne Peetā€™s, habanero s, etc. I was going to do collards but wouldā€™ve gotten the plants out to late, 6 weeks late from normal sprout. Kinda screwed me this year.

Back