Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now

1st UnOfficial FC Party Cup Challenge

Discussion in 'FC Members Chat & Introductions' started by Sunshine, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Welcome to the 1st Unofficial FC Party Cup Challenge (Inspired by @Uncle_Al). That's right, we're going to test our growing skills by restricting you to a single container. The 16oz party (solo) cup.

16 US fl. oz to mL
    1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735295625 mL.
    16 × 29.5735295625 = 473.17647296 mL.
    Rounding that figure, we get our answer. 16 US fl. oz = 473.176 mL (or 1 US pint).

There is absolutely no restriction on medium, seed stock, ferts or anything plant related. The only restriction is that you must be growing in a plastic or Styrofoam party cup and your roots must stay contained within that party cup.

The plant cannot be grown in another container/system then transplanted to the cup.

If you want to do hydro, feel free, but you will be using a party cup.

Just post your updates any time. That'll help to keep them spread out. I don't think we want to restrict it to certain days of the week, because that kind of stuff is hard for a group of stoners. Sounds rule-ish anyways!

Initial entry must be POSTED before end-of-day 11/30/17 to count you in.

Just post your initial update showing your freshly cut cloneling or moisturizing beanling, and a secondary update showing your rooted or planted clone, or a sprout. I suppose just that second one would probably be enough.

Updates after that just have to be enough to show us convincingly that it's the same plant. 3 weeks would be stretching it, I think. But shit happens. So no matter what, at least take the pics! You can always catch up on the posting.

We can police it as a group as we go anyway. If anything seems iffy, call them out!

:cool: "Award" categories ... This is primarily for bragging rights only :imp:

Highest Yield
    Largest plant
    Best contest photo
    Best timed harvest (planned harvest date must be "declared" before 12/12 flip, at germination for autos)
    First to harvest
    Last to harvest
    Most Epic Fail
    Prettiest plant
    Ugliest plant
    First to die

(more categories may be added later any ideas let us know)

Well, that's pretty much it. If you are in, speak up. The fun begins now. :hello:

If anyone want's anything changed added or has any ideas post up :)

Here's some inspiration, good luck everyone let's have some fun and see what records we can set!!! :sun:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

Do you mean to say that the start is 11/30/17?
    And that is the date of initial clone cut or germination? I ask because I have so many already in progress and it would be unfair to my victims to use them.

3. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

Those that are thinking of competing should look at what I am capable of in a 16oz cup. Have a look at my grow thread. I dare you. Be ready for a side wager.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

This is the cut off date for entry my friend ;)
    You're welcome to enter your existing cup girls @Uncle_Al, it's all a bit of fun! :)

5. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

I am all in, photos to come, sadly I just put 8 plants in larger than eligible pots, however I am undaunted. I have more on the table.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

From my research it seems that most of the available party cups that they call 16oz are in fact 450ml rather than the exact definition of 16 us fluid oz which is 473ml :idea:
    I'm off to buy a couple this evening :sun:

8. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

I will qualify the volume of my existing cups, do not think I will be lax when it is contest time

9. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

If my cups come up short I am sure to retaliate in some fashion.

10. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

Got out my measuring cup, the clear cups are dead on 16oz. Filled to the rim. The red cups have a slight margin below the rim. Both cups have 16 molded into the bottoms. Use of the two cups allows inspection of root development while blocking light from roots. These cups are Walmart branded and purchased at Walmart as well. Solo name brand cups are about twice the price. I would sure like to see some competitive interest.

11. InternationalBeanSmuggler

InternationalBeanSmuggler Well-Known Member

Im in ! Any pics of the cups you got ? I will try get something similar for next week. Great competition.
    Cant wait to see what other people do with regards to strains what are you thinking about doing Al ?. Also thinking out loud i wonder what the best medium would be for this ?

12. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

This competition is pretty serendipitous... but I'm eventually gonna put these in 1-3 gallon pots. Here's what I've got, half are already poking up, and I've got just as many germing as you see here :)
    Mostly dank mix, fruit bowl, and spice mix, and a bunch of local flora! 20171021_034039.jpg

13. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Great .. what strains do you have planned ? Nice looking soil , whats in the cups a mix ?

14. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine 's Dank mix, spice mix, fruit bowl, a few indicas, and some no name hybrids. I've got peat moss mixed with compost and perlite, and I added a couple pinches of blood/bone meal and Epsom salt, and enough dolomite lime to balance the acidity. Ph is 6.5-7.0 and ppm is 40-50.

15. FerretWrangler

I realize the ppm is a bit high and most people would flip out if I admitted I added fertilizer but I did that because this is the soil mix it will always live in, and I read that around 50 ppm or less is fine for seedlings.

16. InternationalBeanSmuggler

I cant wait to see these curious strains by Sunshine you do in the cups ! How do you germinate ? Paper towel method ?
    What are you using to measure the ppm ? Can i see a pic of what you use ?

FerretWrangler likes this.
  17. FerretWrangler

I soak in water for 24 hours and then put them in moist paper towels until they pop roots. I use a tds meter (i think?) That @Uncle_Al left here by mistake. I'm taking good care of it for him, but might as well use it from time to time. Do you need a pic of my germ container or the meter?

18. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Both would be great !

FerretWrangler likes this.
  19. FerretWrangler

It's way past my bedtime so I may post after I get back up, we shall see. I may have time to do it after this cigarette.

20. FerretWrangler

Here we go, I germ in a pizza box with a cutting board and a ton of paper towels. 20171021_045204.jpg 20171021_045355.jpg