Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now

1st UnOfficial FC Party Cup Challenge

Discussion in 'FC Members Chat & Introductions' started by Sunshine, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

Keeping track of watering pH going in and coming out. Adjustment of pH as needed.
    In between watering Don't let them droop too much the soil life suffers. Don't love them too much. When the lights are high enough for most plants some are gonna stretch quickly so keep the canopy level as you can, raise the short ones.

BudMonster likes this.
  2. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

sounds thanks mate. what do u use for ph up and down

3. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

4. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Seasoned Grower

I tend not to have pH up issues, I use clear/white vinegar for pH down. My tap water comes out at 7. One tablespoon vinegar per gallon drops to a six. I use dolomitic lime to buffer soil to 7 when it's too high

5. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

thanks man i dont have a ph meter yet

6. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

They're all still a little grumpy at me for feeding them too early! I flushed the sickly looking ones (all except 2 I didn't feed) about 24 hours ago, they have good drainage so they're drying out nicely. I checked ph of water going in and it was 6.4, and all runoff fell between 6.2 and 6.4

This one is my favorite so far, it looks neat :)
    Whenever I wake up I like to poke my head in there just to check and when I bend over close I can smell the stinky little buggers. They even have unique scents :heart_eyes:

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

You think they smell good now, wait until they're into late flowering!!!! They will stink to high heaven :D

FerretWrangler likes this.
  8. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

are these going for the cup challenge? how many are you entering @FerretWrangler

9. FerretWrangler

Maybe a few @BudMonster I'm not sure yet ive gotta figure out my space situation. I've been piggy backing on this thread because I started these like 1 day before I noticed the challenge.

Here's an update for everyone.

20171125_074112.jpg 20171125_074200.jpg 20171125_074211.jpg 20171125_074219.jpg 20171125_074232.jpg 20171125_074301.jpg

BudMonster, ThC and Sunshine like this.
  10. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

11. FerretWrangler

I know, I just don't have the room back here. I suppose I could move the light up some so it'd cover more area... I really just want to kill the slh but even if I do that won't solve the mite problem in the front room, or else they'd already be under the big light. I don't have anything to treat the room itself with and we're hardly able to eat and smoke and keep the lights on all at the same time lol I've just hit a monetary roadblock and I keep saying two more weeks and then all my money is gone to bills and keeping smoke to calm my crohn' s disease etc. I'm hoping to come into money in the next few days so my fingers are crossed but it's not highly likely.

While I've got you here, my lights are on 18/6. Is that correct for this stage?

Sunshine likes this.
  12. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

18/6 is perfect, it's best to keep the 6 hours lights off to the warmest part of the day so the temps are nice and stable and there are no big drops :)
    I'd bleach the life out of the big room, go crazy, then give it a good air out and get them under the big light in decent sized pots and fresh mix/coco asap! The longer you wait the worse they're going to look my friend.

13. FerretWrangler

Sounds like a plan, I think the jury is out on the slh, I may do away with it today and start on the room. If I get them all potted and moved tonight or tomorrow how far away should the hps be?

Sunshine likes this.
  14. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd go with 3ft from the light to the top of the plants for the first week or two and see how you get on :)

15. FerretWrangler

Roger, I'll talk to the old lady in a couple hours and get to work.

Sunshine likes this.
  16. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine I'm gonna kill the slh soon. The room is all carpet with a big sofa and an old mattress. Do you think mites will be in the fabrics? How would I clean that? I suppose I should make a 1:10 bleach water mixture and spray it everywhere and open the Windows right?

Sunshine likes this.
  17. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

That sounds like a very good precautionary idea :)

18. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine would you think it will be safe after that?

19. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Yes you should be fine. Can't wait to see them all under the 600w! :)

20. FerretWrangler

Awesome! Time to get to work :)

Sunshine likes this.