Don't know what the problem is having slow growth

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by Nich, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Nich

Nich Member

Hi my plant is around 60days old and this is current state.. Grown outdoors with 12/12 light cycle roughly 70-80 humidy under a terrace on the equator. Please advise. This was a seed from a bag.

2. Nich

Nich Member

Here are the pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2017
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hey @Nich and welcome :)
    You've got a problem at root level, it looks alot like your plant needs repotting into better soil (a lot more perlite) and a container with better drainage.
    I'd shoot for a 15-20litre pot with some nice potting compost mixed with 30-40% perlite for good drainage and air at the roots ;)
    Make sure your next container has plenty of drainage holes and that you allow her to dry inbetween waterings.
    In a good new compost you shouldn't need to feed her for a couple of weeks while you allow her to recover.
    If you repot her into a good medium she will show signs of improvement within a week and start to grow rapidy :)
    You may also want to consider topping your plant (pinching the terminal shoot at the top) to encourage her to bush out ;)
    If you've got any questions just post up, I'm happy to help :)

4. Nich

Nich Member

Thanks for the help Sunshine!
    feed? i'm sorry i do not understand this term feed.. From the start of my grow i have not used any fertilizers and only used compose. could this be a problem?
    By using a moisture meter, i realised that the bottom of the pot has way too much moisture like 10 on a scale of 1-10.

5. Sunshine

Anytime @Nich :)
    Feed means fertiliser ;)
    The lack of fertiliser isn't your main problem, the excessive moisture retention and lack of drainage and oxygen at root level is your biggest problem.
    Repot with a good fresh compost mixed with 30% perlite and 10% vermiculite in a larger container with good drainage as soon as possible and she'll come good ;)

6. Nich

Nich Member

Thank you my friend! @Sunshine ! update this thread soon!

7. Nich

Nich Member

An update for you guys.. Re-potted and watered!

[​IMG]

8. Sunshine

@Nich that looks better :)
    You might want to think about pinching the main tip out to encourage branching and bush her out a bit now ;)

9. Nich

Nich Member

Just cut it off?

10. Sunshine

@Nich yes the very top shoot/tip, see pic ;)

[​IMG]

11. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Well-Known Member

@Nich I topped/pinched as well and I believe in its power. I had 1 future budsite whereas now I have 5-6.

12. Nich

Nich Member

Should I wait awhile for the plant settle or immediately top it right now?
    Thanks for the help guys

13. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Well-Known Member

If she were mine I'd wait until she's acclimated so as not to oversoverstress her. I recently repotted mine and she was perky in a day or two so it won't be long, but the sooner you can top the better for your plant's bushiness and thickness.

14. Sunshine

Nich likes this.
  15. Nich

Nich Member

ABOUT TOPPING.. [​IMG]

This is a little confusing for me pls advise

BudMonster likes this.
  16. Sunshine

@Nich see the attachment :)
    Cut at or above the red line and you'll be good. Basically you're terminating the primary shoot so the plant redirects it's energy to the secondary shoots ;)

Attached Files:

FerretWrangler and Nich like this.
  17. Nich

Nich Member

Sunshine likes this.
  18. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

which strain is this @Nich cool shit

19. Nich

Nich Member

I think sativa..

20. Nich

Nich Member

It's been two weeks.. Here's the update.. Not doing well at all.. Really need your help guys!

Attached Files:

FerretWrangler likes this.