Flush or not

Discussion in 'New Grower Questions' started by ukgrow, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ukgrow

ukgrow New Member

Reading a lot of conflicting stuff about flushing so have a few questions

When do I flush?
    Whats the point?
    Is it worth it?
    Do you flush? if not why

Growing bubblegum under Led

Purpljack likes this.
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hi ukgrow :)

When do I flush? People who flush do so around 2 weeks or so before harvest
    Whats the point? Flushing is done to leach out the chemicals in the soil and reduce the ferts to give a cleaner smoke and paler product
    Is it worth it? In organics no it isn't. If you're growing with artificial fertilisers then yes.
    Do you flush? if not why No I never flush but I grow ROLS (recyled organic living soil) and No Til

Are you growing in dirt? and what ferts are you using on the girls?

FerretWrangler likes this.
  3. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

what Sunshine said. do flush if your not organic dont if you are

Uncle_Al likes this.
  4. ukgrow

ukgrow New Member

Thanks @Sunshine that's exactly what I wanted to know :)

Uncle_Al likes this.
  5. RasGanesha

RasGanesha Member

that.. and if the ash isnt white .. or there is a pop when you are smoking it.. also means that there was no flush.

Uncle_Al, ThC and Sunshine like this.
  6. Purpljack

Purpljack Active Member

If your over feeding chem. Ferts. You can get build up of salts which will start burning plant bad.
    Thats also when to flush and cut back on ferts. Less is more.organic fixes most probs.✌

Uncle_Al and Sunshine like this.
  7. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Well-Known Member

Sometimes my information is conflict or to popular trends, however I am a successful cultivar. I recommend that you flush much more frequently, in particular when you notice leaf coloring problems. Leaf coloring problems usually occur when plants are over fed nutrients, most, no correction all rookie growers overfeed. And over watering it is easier to overcome over water than over feed. If your leaf tips are burned up flush, if your leaf edges turn up flush. If your leaf tips turn down flush. Flushing is safe insurance against problems. After many failed attempts at grows I learned less is more flushing is next to free and will never hurt you. Think of the coloration of the fluids that run out as plant piss, salts and build up of nutients leave giving you a clean playing field. Just go flush them NOW. Be safe enjoy the fresh new growth that will respond

Purpljack and Sunshine like this.
  8. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Right on @Uncle_Al :)
    I think @ukgrow was asking about preharvest flushing, totally agree with your post above ;)

Purpljack and Uncle_Al like this.
  9. Uncle_Al

Uncle_Al Well-Known Member

And especially flush 3 days before harvest

Purpljack likes this.
  10. RasGanesha

RasGanesha Member

just go outdoor and not even have the idea of flushing in your mind. lol . flush?? what flush? ;)

Purpljack likes this.