Got my first grow tent Vivosun 2' x 4' x 6'.

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Nate, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Nate

Nate Member

I have one Maui wow he that is close to 4 1/2 to 5 weeks old and then I have a unknown strain which could be gorilla glue I don't know that is a week younger and that's all I have in mind cents with a 600 W next light veg 8. I have a Bloomsburg 600 W for spectrum switch from Bloom to veg on this away hopefully that will hang up and they're better and let's see what I can do I'm gonna try to do some less stress training some super grabbing see if I can get a decent yield from it

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Great to see you here @Nate :) Maui wowie is a great strain, I've grown it out many times over the years. Excellent high and excellent flavour, not too strong either so nice and motivational :yum
    Unknown sounds exciting too, that'll be one to watch :)
    How much longer are you going to veg for before you switch to 12/12 my friend ?

3. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

which breeder is the Maui from sounds good mate

4. Nate

Nate Member

IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1200.JPG IMG_1200.JPG I am not sure I got it in bag I bought. It looks great the other is starting to yellowing on the top leaf. Any advice?? Here pics of both the one with a lot branches is the Maui the other not sure

5. Sunshine

Nice looking girls @Nate I'm pretty sure the yellowing is slight over watering and perhaps the feed is also a little strong for them :)
    I'd lay off feeding them for a couple of weeks and make sure you let them dry out almost completely between waterings :idea:
    In future try and add at least 25% perlite to your compost to assist drainage and oxygen at root level ;)

Nate likes this.
  6. Nate

Nate Member

I think you are right I have cut back on the watering and am not going to feed them for a little bit.

FerretWrangler likes this.
  7. Sunshine

Keep us posted on their progress :)

Nate likes this.
  8. Nate

Nate Member

IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1242.JPG So officially changed from the nextlight Veg 8 too the 600 W bloomspect. I hope it was a good decision. I had a hell of a time getting the bloomspect to hang it came with a ridiculous hanging set up. Wound up taking the crimped wire that were meant to go from one daisy chain to a single carabiner but it was so long I had my daisy chain all the way up and it was still less than I wanted between the light and girls.
    Update on the ladies I made a couple clones from the Maui. Let me know if you think she needs special attention. Luckily a friend sent me 2 Auto CandyCane fem beans they broke and I got a carnival bean out of a bag I got. Went from only 2 strains to having 4 I am pretty happy about the progress. Have to get 4" insulated ducting and clamps for m filter and silencer. Will post more pics when I get those set up. The Maui is the one in the middle in these pics.

9. Sunshine

Sweet setup and nice variety of strains @Nate :)
    The Maui looks good it just needs a good dry spell to perk her up and she'll be aok ;)

Nate likes this.
  10. Nate

Nate Member

I did some LST after I took pics too the perked up in the couple hours after I put the new light in. Is it ok to put the two autos in one fifteen gallon pot?

Sunshine likes this.
  11. Sunshine

Yes that won't cause any problems, go ahead and do it :)

Nate likes this.
  12. Nate

Nate Member

IMG_1257.JPG IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1256.JPG Here are pics of 3 days after taking clones from Maui and some LST I am pretty happy with the results. I heard of a spray you can put on select buds that will make said buds produce fem seeds. Any suggestions on what this spray is? Here are pics of the of the end of 30 days into veg for the two main girls. Week one on the auto Candy Cane. I turned the veg and bloom switches on to get a better pic they are on strictly the veg setting.

Attached Files:

13. Nate

Nate Member

I am hoping that I can veg the regular girls until the autos start their flowering. Any advice if that is a good idea?

Sunshine likes this.
  14. Sunshine

Yes @Nate, that's a very good and efficient idea :)

Nate likes this.
  15. Sunshine

Hey @Nate the below may be useful :)

This link gives a comprehensive explanation :idea:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds
    Health warning, you cannot smoke plants that have been sprayed ;)

Nate likes this.
  16. Nate

Nate Member

I saw a commercial spray that is supposed to be safe to spray on one bud and make it produce the seed and the rest of the plant is safe to smoke. Any idea what it is called?

17. Sunshine

The main ones I've heard of are gibberellic acid, silver thiosulfate solution and the colloidal :)
    I'm not sure that any of these would be safe to smoke the rest of the plant but I'm also interested if so my friend ;)

18. Nate

Nate Member

I'll ask the guy who showed me it again and get right back with you.

Sunshine likes this.
  19. Nate

Nate Member

20. Nate

Nate Member

IMG_1280.PNG IMG_1272.PNG IMG_1271.PNG

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017