how small for 1oz

Discussion in 'New Grower Questions' started by OJpimpson, Sep 5, 2017.

1. OJpimpson

OJpimpson New Member

Hi first time grower here. Trying to get around 1 to 1.5 ounces a grow as I'm not a very big smoker but I do like the odd toke.

Whats the smallest space I can comfortably grow about an ounce and half?? I need at least an ounce every few months and dont wanna getted ripped off for shitty street deals anymore. Which lights do I need?? Want to keep it as simple as possible and small and discrete as possible too.. thanks

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hey @OJpimpson, welcome to FC :) You'll need at least 1 square foot if not 1.5 sq ft to get that yield and about 80watts of light if you're a new grower with little experience ;)
    I'd go with cheap led screw in bulbs or an led ufo unit which can be bought cheaply from ebay/amazon :)
    Let me know if you have any other questions :sun:

3. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Well-Known Member

@OJpimpson Sunshine has helped me alot over the last month or so, I would listen well :yum welcome to FC btw, were glad to have you. I wanted to answer earlier when I saw this, but I'm actually in the middle of my first grow so I'm not comfortable giving much advice yet. Good luck! :cool:

4. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

those little grow tents are probs worth a look easy to put up

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yes a small tent or a small cabinet from craigslist are definitely good options depending on budget :)
    If you go too small with your grow space you'll be battling against high temperatures and it becomes difficult to get a decent yield ;)
    The actual wattage of this light is 80w which at .5 grams per watt would get you an ounce and a half, once dialled you could potentially yield almost 3 with the right strain :party:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/360W-UFO-LE...439515&hash=item3f85c2a473:g:-i8AAOSw~qNZiRmT

6. OJpimpson

OJpimpson New Member

Thanks. I'll keep looking for a small cabinet something will turn up. The light I like very much thanks @Sunshine I will order one end of month.