Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now Ask A Question

*** jamaican cannabis SEED breeding**

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by InternationalBeanSmuggler, Oct 8, 2017.

1. IBS

IBS Guest

Im unsure if the Nordes and Critical will come out hermie or not.Should I segregate them or not waste time and buy a pack.This would be a good time to test maybe?4 Nordes 4 Critical. More than 1 in a pot ?

Sunshine likes this.
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd give them a shot, try 4 in a pot and go all out with the critical, you should find a heavy keeper or two from them that you can use as a mum.
    They may be hermy they may not, they may also be regular as I've never seen a hermy produce enough pollen to produce that many seeds, not saying it couldn't happen though. I reckon they are certainly worth a try and then at least you know what you've got :)

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd go ahead and flip everything and start some critical to go in when the first ones come out :)

4. BudMonster

BudMonster Well-Known Member

is the back left one in the last pic going purple?? looks cool mate

5. InternationalBeanSmuggler

InternationalBeanSmuggler Well-Known Member

Sorry do you mean flip everything under everything i have in both tents ? or flip everything in the new flower tent ? and start 8 Criticals?

6. InternationalBeanSmuggler

yes the Jamaican sativas have stalks like rhubarb.

BudMonster likes this.
  7. BudMonster

does water come out the sides of the cloth pots?? nice tent which one is it mate

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Maybe get some of those biodegradable pots for the q30 that you can plant directly into the smart pots.
    This sounds about right, if it's not long enough up it to 4 weeks.
    The scrubber setup sounds good.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Nice mini jungle of trees you got there @InternationalBeanSmuggler
    Which row are the blueberries and which ones the cali orange? :)

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

It might be an idea to store some of the male pollen for future usage, this would allow you to do targeted pollinations of lower branches going forwards should you want to and save grow space/medium for more girls ;)

Storing Your Pollen
    The enemy to storing your pollen is moisture so it helps to add cooking flour to coat the collected pollen, keeping the moisture away. The flour will absorb any moisture as the pollen is being stored. It will also make it easier for you to pollinate your marijuana plant later. If you add more flour mixture and put it in the freezer, you can actually store your pollen for one year or even longer. Use freezer bags instead of plastic bags and make sure to label the freezer bags.

11. Cheesey

Cheesey New Member

Cheese

12. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Nice mix. I think Afghani #1 and/or Skunk #1 would be very interesting :)

13. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Ok due to time restraints ive had to close the doors on this seed run. Will run Afghani , Skunk , and Cheese hybrids next time.
    Thanks for the input.

BudMonster and FerretWrangler like this.
  14. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Once the 3 Chiquita bananas have popped then flowered and crossed with the Jamaicans. I will cross a Chiquita banana with each different Jamaican male. i will have a full set of fruit hybrids and also pure Jamaican Landrace crosses. Its going to be an exciting year.

BudMonster and Sunshine like this.
  15. BudMonster

c banana sounds cray like to try that one day man

16. InternationalBeanSmuggler

good news 2/3 popped. i put the in dirt. of course my usual 50 %perlite 50% biobizz all mix.

Lots of Jamaican banana crosses coming soon ! Amongst of course the mango , blueberry , lemon and orange also being grown to cross to make seeds. Also critical + and nordes x Jamaican crosses.

MOST IMPORTANTLY REPRODUCING PURE JAMAICAN LANDRACE SEEDS ALSO FOR OTHER GROWERS IN FUTURE.

Thanks for your interest in my grow.

17. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

The last pic looks like ppms are too high and or your ph has dropped out of range ;)
    Some land races need very little water and ferts, in fact you could probably get away without adding ferts the whole first run :idea:

18. InternationalBeanSmuggler

thanks .I havent added any ferts at all and that one dried out according to the meter and i just watered it yesterday. That one was in fact very dry . I will check the ph. The Jamaican male in the middle is now pissing pollen everyewhere !

Sunshine likes this.
  19. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

What water are you using to water them?

20. InternationalBeanSmuggler

tap water. left over night.

Sunshine likes this.