Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now Ask A Question

Minor issues?

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by FerretWrangler, Dec 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

So about half my bottom leaves have at least some kind of discoloration. No nutes after the tea i gave them a week+ ago, ph going in is 6.4-6.9 and runoff is 6.2-6.5. Humidity stays around 30-50 and i try to keep it above 40% Temps are 66-75 when the light is off, with 2 short acceptions where it dropped to around 59 for a half hour this week. Temps are 77-82 when lights are on.

20171213_161354.jpg 20171213_161403.jpg 20171213_161410.jpg 20171213_161427.jpg 20171213_161453.jpg 20171213_161503.jpg 20171213_161517.jpg 20171213_161522.jpg 20171213_161534.jpg

2. FerretWrangler

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

It looks like overwatering but then the soil looks pretty dry. How wet are the pots at the bottom using the probe?

(copied from another website)
    Problem: After watering, your plants start drooping. Usually the droopy leaves will feel firm and appear curled down (the whole leaf will be curled, not just the tips, which is often a sign of nitrogen toxicity). With overwatered cannabis plants, you may also notice Chlorosis (leaf yellowing that is similar to a nitrogen deficiency).

Overwatered cannabis plants are droopy with leaves that curl down. As a result of overwatering, leaves often turn yellow or show other signs of nutrient deficiencies (especially when it comes to younger plants and seedlings!)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Overwatering does not always mean you've been giving the plant too much water. It can also mean that you've been giving the plant water too often, or growing plants in a growing medium that holds onto water without enough air, or doesn't have good drainage out the bottom.

How Often Do I Water My Cannabis Plants?

Cannabis plants use their roots to get oxygen, almost like they're breathing. Oxygen is dissolved in water, and there's also air pockets in their grow medium to provide a source of oxygen. When you water your plants too often, the roots end up sitting in stagnant water. The reason your plants droop is because basically their roots are starving for oxygen.

This sick marijuana seedling has several symptoms including droopiness and leaves with brown spots that appear to be a nutrient deficiency. Surprisingly, the true cause of bothproblems actually is the thick, wet, muddy soil.

[​IMG]

The main sign of a cannabis plant being overwatered are the droopy leaves, though other symptoms often appear around the same time!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Overwatered Marijuana Plants
    • Drooping / Curling is the first sign of overwaterd marijuana plants

• Plants start drooping soon after watering

• Leaves are firm and curled down all the way from the stem to the leaf

• Will eventually lead to leaf yellowing and other signs of nutrient problems if not corrected
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. FerretWrangler

Maybe a mix of watering too often and the tea was too strong? Sounds right, nothing seems major. I water every 3-4 days but ill start waiting a bit longer in between. Some plants' leaves will droop for a day or two after a good watering but I've never seen the intense death droop so commonly pictured. Sometimes the pots will be light but under about a cm of soil it'll be ever so slightly damp, and last watering i went ahead anyways. The soils seem to always either be slightly damp or bone dry.

Sunshine likes this.
  5. FerretWrangler

I have to start by saying that nothing has been done to them since i posted this. Some are finally dry feeling so i can check runoff ph today on some but maybe not all. Over the past two days a large amount of them have started this clawing behavior

20171216_152335.jpg 20171216_152345.jpg

And in the same time period this one has started doing this

20171216_152438.jpg

And lastly here is the suspected male.

20171216_152659.jpg

6. FerretWrangler

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

The suspected male can now be confirmed 100% male ;)
    Regarding the other plants, have your temps dropped at all? or are things fairly stable?
    Any observations? This has got worse as the medium has got dryer?

8. FerretWrangler

The drooping/clawing seems to be something thats indicative of ph induced N lockout like you said just wanted to update because it worries me. Its been colder in the house recently but the plants never get below 64 when lights are off, and rarely below 77 when they are on. They've been a little on the warmer side if any extreme. Sometimes it will be 84-85 degrees Fahrenheit for a half hour before i catch and correct it. The bigger one pictured above drooped first, so i moved it close to the light and it didn't look as bad yesterday but now its reverted back. Humidity has been around the low 30's more often than I'd like for a few days but i didn't think too much of it because online it said it'll make the roots drink more and dry out your medium faster. And yes, it seems to have gotten worse as they've dried up but that could just be coincidence.

Sunshine likes this.
  9. FerretWrangler

The boy smelled of pine. He is dying now. It makes me sad, he was one of my babies

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Have a beer! This ones got your name on it :grinning:
    DSC_0289.JPG

FerretWrangler likes this.
  11. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

You've got to try and flush now to get ppm's down and ph correct without drowning them, then wait and pray :/
    I'd also recommend taking the light hours up to 22on 2 off for the next week following the flush to keep them warm and stop any secondary issues arising.
    Fingers crossed they'll bounce back :)

12. FerretWrangler

Nice find :D i need it haha is it any good?

13. FerretWrangler

All easily done, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. I hate that I'm having issues AGAIN.

Sunshine likes this.
  14. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

It's very good, I put it in the freezer for 20mins at -18c so it's super cold and very refreshing!
    DSC_0282.JPG DSC_0283.JPG

15. FerretWrangler

Pen was calibrated, 6.9 went in, runoff was 7.0 and ppm was 190 on my first one. What does that mean to you?

Sunshine likes this.
  16. FerretWrangler

And runoff is getting higher ph the more i flush.. time to get the ph down solution?

Sunshine likes this.
  17. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

So it seems that the ph of the soil is above 7? If that's the case it would certainly explain the nitrogen lockout.
    I'd probably go with flushing with water ph'd to 5.8-6 to try and get the ph down within range.

18. FerretWrangler

Awesome! Ph on the first one is 6.4 is that acceptable? Are ppms fine?

19. FerretWrangler

Next one had 6.3 ph and 450 ppm
    :scream:

20. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

The offending ferts were liquids so in theory they should wash out of the soil fairly easily so don't worry too much about ppm's they should come down to acceptable levels but to be sure make sure you wash through with 3x volume of each container ;)