Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now

*** MUTANT XMAS BLUEBERRY STARTED ***

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by InternationalBeanSmuggler, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

If your sucking air out to the can you could then run a passive intake to the window with ductings. So air would come in from the outside sucked through the cab and out to the can ;)

2. InternationalBeanSmuggler

InternationalBeanSmuggler Well-Known Member

thanks .What are your thoughts on how to use 4 x 300 W LED and expected yield ?

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd take a wild guess at somewhere in the region of .4-.5gpw if you can control the heat :)

4. m8ty

m8ty New Member

That's allot of light and too much light will kill your plants.. are you planning on growing 1200 watts of LED worth of plants, that's allot of tables full...

Have you watched this video before?? it explains how to use the light so you don't kill your plants.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Welcome to FC @m8ty good info :)

6. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Maybe there is a way to pull in cold air through that small intake for the electric cables like a hose somehow.
    Thanks. I think its time perhaps i just got a bigger tent like a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 Height. Then can just be lazy ad grow em big no poncing about like SCROG etc. Just let em go wild and express themselves ! Great. I much prefer that. I will put all 4 x 300 W in that one tent and concentrate on getting this dialled in.

Thanks for the input and interest.

gonna go have a large bowl of hash..

It looks like theres gonna be a lot of pure blunt smoking round these ends rather soon !

420boss and Sunshine like this.
  7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

That would be perfect with that amount of light! :)

8. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Thanks for the info. I will veg em up for a bit where they are and then get the next tent in a few weeks time.
    Keep the DP90 for veg. I also have a small tent that can be used for rejuvination and seed making Its a tiny homebox Q30.

Any thoughts on a light / fan kit for this just for seed making from rejuvinated plants that were cut chopped repotted to fit the tent ?

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

10. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Thanks .Would that do the job for making beans on a rejuve run ? How many of them can i fit inside ?

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd just use 1 bulb, you don't need much light and they are very effective.
    Yes it will be perfectly good for making seeds and bringing plants back post flowering in the Q30 :)

12. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

No mention of lumen output for those, lumens aren't necessarily the best metric to measure led light but they give us an indication.
    I did some looking around to get a feel for the lumen output of the various chinese bulbs and they seem pretty low, here's an example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E27-15W-...d=111807247913&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m2219
    • Lumen: 15W: 350lm, 21W: 490lm, 27W: 630lm, 36W: 840lm, 45W: 1050lm, 54W: 1260lm
    The above ones look to be about 23.3lumens per watt, that seems very low.
    A normal off the shelf warm white led light bulb (2700k) 14.5w is showing at 1521lumens, that's 104.89 lumens per watt.
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/led-a60-b22-14w-2700k-15kh-dim-pack1/4297k
    There are some 13watt bulbs outputting 1521 lumens but they're pricier these come out at 117 lumens per watt.
    Most of the 10w off the shelf led warm whites run at 810lm which is 81 lumens per watt.
    There are 10.5watts at 1055 lumens which is 100.47 lumens per watt.
    All of the above are warm whites, I've taken a brief look and the cool blue (4000k) led light bulbs give the same figures.
    Some growers are getting absolutely amazing results with these standard off the shelf led's, if I didn't have the led units I already have I'd definitely get some of these instead. I'd love to see what 52watt (4 x 13w) grow could do with TLO/ROLS/No Till organic style growing, in fact I may even do it as an experiment at some point as part of a thread I'll be posting entitled "the quest for 2 grams per watt". It would be amazing if one 13w bulb could produce an ounce and I'm convinced it's possible.

13. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Due to security i may need to stick with the DP 90 as the flower cab .I have 3 x 300 W lights for this. I cancelled the 4th light.
    So whats best as a vegging light in the homebox ? Im thinking i can veg while the other cab is flowering and get a better headstart and bigger yields.

Sorry for the change of plans !

14. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

15. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Thanks UFO looks great. What about pots for the Homebox?

Sunshine likes this.
  16. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Depends how many you're thinking,I'd say 4 pots wouldn't be a bad number, maybe get some small fabric pots?
    IMO perpetual harvesting may work best for you, it has a number of benefits not least that you're not harvesting it all at once which can be pretty fragrant. Taking one plant every couple of weeks may be more manageable from that perspective.
    Also with a perpetual grow you can really let each plant reach it's full potential as you've always got something drying/curing/budding/finishing/starting.

17. InternationalBeanSmuggler

Sounds great say 6 in the DP90 as is and 4 in the homebox. Starting them every 2 weeks once flowering has started and the UFO is in place.
    Ok good then i can save and think about a new strain each 2 weeks and get some more wish list beans in .

Any ideas on a small smell proof curing box ? I remember last time the dank stank so bad on a misty morning i smelled it up the street ! When i cured it with no air scrubbing.

Sunshine likes this.
  18. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

You could put the weed into a cardboard box with skewers or strings pushed through and hang the buds by their stems from that.
    Then you could connect a tube/duct from the box to your flower chamber air intake.
    This way air would be pulled through the cardboard box through the grow room and the out through the carbon filter!

19. InternationalBeanSmuggler

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-20 at 12.44.49.jpeg next question... temps !!!
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-20 at 14.20.35.jpeg