Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by FerretWrangler, Oct 11, 2017.
That big light should be about heating your home on the colder nights we are having
I moved her back under the blurple and she likes it better for some reason. After the internet tech comes she's gonna go back under the hps though.
is this a vivosun bag / pot?nice grow mate.
Thanks! I don't know the brand actually, but it's a 7 gallon fabric pot.
I got her too wet when I gave her that tea soak, so she suffered again. She's dry now and I'm gonna use 1 litre instead of 1.5 from now on. Internet tech guy came and went so tomorrow I can move her back under the hps.
Here is a quick update, bear in mind that I took 3 lower tips as clones!
I had fun playing with the magnifying glass. Her pistils are turning cute colors and she's deep purple/red on the stems all the way down to the bark which is a pale green and brown. If they look like this in veg I can't wait to see her flower
She's been looking deficient so I gave her some Nectar for the gods at around 560 ppm a couple days ago and she seems to like it. I honestly kinda just want to flip her once my pests are eradicated, and save on electricity. Thoughts @Sunshine and @Uncle_Al ?
Nice closeups @FerretWrangler!
If it was me I'd probably wait until you're flipping the other plants in a few weeks and sit her in the corner in the same run if you decide to go that route with her.
The problem is going into flower in this condition will result in a very low yield, which may or may not be worth the electricity and other inputs. I like to think of going into flower like catching a wave, you want to catch it when the plants are in the zone and then ride it home.
Honestly I think at this stage even I might struggle to bring this plant back to condition, it could be that your best bet would be to take as many clones as you can from her while she's still alive and cut your losses - maybe quarantine these until you've got your pest issue sorted.
Do you think it's worth it to pull the rest of the tips and start them in water tonight? I'm perplexed at how difficult it's been and how she won't bounce back. I dunno what she wants! She hasn't thrived in a really long time and I'm honestly nervous that if I take clones none will root, and even if they do the clones would be unhealthy. Also she's been in veg for the whole time since I brought her in but she still acts like a plant in early flower so I suppose her hormones are all out of wack and I don't know how that'll effect clones. Also, how long should I cut the tips? I have a tiny one in a cup, and a medium length one and a really long one.
I suppose you need to decide if she's worth the hassle at this stage, sometimes cutting your losses isn't a bad thing, every grower has been there at least once that's for sure.
Fact is if she keeps going in the current direction she'll die slowly over the next 2-3 weeks. If you take cuts you'll probably root a few and they may well grow out of the funk as they'll have brand new roots and a fresh start in new soil and cups.
Shoot for 3inch clones, take as many as you can then sections of stem (2-3inches) with shoots as clones too to maximise the number of clones you can harvest.
With any luck in 10-20 days you'll see some root action!