Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now Ask A Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by FerretWrangler, Jan 5, 2018.

1. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

I purchased some fox farms ocean forest, mykos, and four 5-gal cloth pots today! I will also be getting the freebie tent soon. On top of that I'm well known by the store manager at my local gardening store, and he's moving out some old tents so in two weeks I'll be purchasing his "personal" display tent. (used lightly for chiles grown in hydroton) A brand new version is 380 + dollars and he offered his to me for $150. I cant remember the dimensions but its as tall as my ceiling almost and he had 4, 5 gallon buckets in there with room to spare.

I did get some seeds from FC. I have 3 cheese, 3 candy cream, 3 early skunk #1, and 1 Neville haze all fem coming in the mail.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

That's an expensive tent! It must be very high quality for that price, do you know which brand it is? :)
    Nice seed selection, I've tried them all except the candy cream and they're all great strains, nice choices :sun:

3. FerretWrangler

I forgot the name of the brand, but it is high quality compared to other tents ive seen. Its very sturdy :)

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Sounds great! Can't wait to see the new setup my friend :)

5. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine i followed your soil build very closely and now have 2 batches of 5 gallons apiece aging next to the fridge.

20180106_204732.jpg 20180106_204745.jpg 20180106_204754.jpg

I also got the freebie tent, minus the connector pieces but my buddy will bring those by sometime. Its an apollo horticulture 40x40x80 and im still planning on buying the nicer one from the garden store.

Daniel, BudMonster and Sunshine like this.
  6. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

7. FerretWrangler

Here is the tent i got for $150 untaxed https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIERAB&usg=AOvVaw0giVsedzpl64uljGFtSiuy

I did have to take the free 1 foot extension off because my ceiling is 1.5 inches too short, but 6 feet 11 inches should do nicely. I've now got 6 5 gal cloth pots for my 4 gg#4 and the 2 pineapple seeds and hopefully all will fit. Tent is assembled, gonna clean it and get my tools in the pouch, soil in the pots, hang the light, and stick the pots in there but im gonna wait to germ seeds because my power was off for 2 days from bloody snow so im waiting for it all to melt. Oh and i got 3 integra packs for when i have stuff to put in jars.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Nice tent and looks like you got a great deal! Can't wait to see it all assembled and powered up now :)
    You going to whack the 600 in there?

FerretWrangler likes this.
  9. FerretWrangler

That was my plan, do you think it's suitable for seedlings? I will get pics when my gf gets home, my camera is bugged on this phone once again.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'm good at breaking phones too, my speciality is the microphones, 2 in a row now, somehow I managed to drop this one in a scuttle of emulsion when it was 3 months from new :neutral: I'll be lucky if it makes a year.
    Anyway back on topic.
    A 600w is fine for seedlings the only dangers are heat and light intensity, as long as the light distance is around 3 foot from the soil level and the temps are in the optimum range you'll get fast and vigorous growth with nice thick stems and branches :)

11. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine I've only been using cell phones for seven years or so, and I've easily been through 7 phones. All mine die from internal issues like battery, sims card, antenna, sd card and internal memory. Thats why i buy 16 dollar phones :rolleyes:

But yeah ok awesome. I've got a heater for the tent, humidifier and dehidifier, and im sure i can get it set up for seedlings for how tall it is. I was also gonna start them in the 5 gal pots that they will finish in, so i dont have to tranplant. I will be very careful with the water. Even in the 16 oz cups i was very stingy when watering for worry of damping off or overwatering.

12. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Sounds like you're very well prepared! Did you get that organic fert from amazon in the end?

13. FerretWrangler

Oh most definitely its already in the soil build at your recommendation, i put as much as you instructed, or maybe slightly less.

14. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Awesome!!! I've got a great feeling about this grow :)

15. FerretWrangler

Turns out i had five cloth pots instead of six, which isn't necessarily bad because the sixth would've created a crowding problem.

@Sunshine I didn't mix enough soil and i ran out of fox farms ocean forest. Each pot is about 50-55% full and i had added more dolomite and down to earth to fill them completely when i ran out of ff. I was wondering if it would be okay to substitute the rest with the unused canna coco? If not I will just start two weeks later when I have more money to buy soil. I was very careful to not over do it with the dte and lime too btw.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    BudMonster and Sunshine like this.
  16. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

I'd start with 2 pots full of mix then fill the rest in a couple of weeks. You could start the seeds in the 2 full pots then prick them out into the others when you have more compost to fill them.
    You'd probably be fine with the coco but I think it would be best to play it 100% by the book this run and keep things as simple and hassle free as possible.

17. FerretWrangler

I'll hold out for more compost but i don't think I'll start anything until i get it. If theres a bit of money in my bank i could hypothetically get a bag of the cheap stuff like you originaly recommended to complete the mix. Does that sound doable?

18. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Definitely, that's exactly what I'd do!

19. FerretWrangler

I had more money than i thought so i will see what i can come up with tomorrow. Anything to avoid apart from miracle grow/bark/time release ferts/clearly acidic soil?

Sunshine likes this.
  20. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Daniel likes this.