Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now Ask A Question

New start GG#4 and Pineapple

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by FerretWrangler, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

No worries and sorry for any confusion but at least we have narrowed it down so you should be good after a few waterings with plain water.

FerretWrangler likes this.
  2. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

The biggest one which is also the most sad has the lowest ppm, could it possibly need a light top dress after these next 2-5 waterings?

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Yes, do exactly that. Top dressing is going to be a good idea for all of them after the next couple of waterings :)

4. FerretWrangler

Thanks for the advice @Sunshine. I can't wait to see how they turn out :)

How much would you recommend i give them when its time?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Did the box of the FBB fert come with a scoop? The size they're at I'd give them 3 scoops each which should see them through ;)

6. FerretWrangler

The down to earth ferts? No scoop sadly, i think last time i measured was in tablespoons.

Sunshine likes this.
  7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

6 tablespoons per pot should do it :)

8. FerretWrangler

I will make it so when its time :) All of them seem to have perked up since i watered them until i saw runoff yesterday. I also had let them dry out the most i ever have before so i believe I'm going to make that a habit. It could be that I was keeping them too wet and that was compounding the other issues.

What are your thoughts on water temps @Sunshine? I've mainly given them luke warm or very slightly cold water but I read someone's grow advice in a different forum and their anecdotal advice was to provide plants with cold water if you mean to mimic nature.

Is this hearsay?

Do you give your girls cold drinks or warm?

Sunshine likes this.
  9. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

10. FerretWrangler

Great vid @Sunshine!

Here they are a few moments before posting this.
    20180329_214044.jpg 20180329_214053.jpg 20180329_214105.jpg

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

12. FerretWrangler

Thanks @Sunshine hopefully the lower parts perk up soon. They all have alot of thin tall lower shoots that don't get much light so they seem weak and pale. Is it worth pulling some of those off so the plants will focus on shoots that actually get light or is this practice unfounded?

13. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

No I'd avoid stressing them from here on out so they can concentrate on blooming ;)
    It looks like you're going to get some really nice chunky buds come end of May!

14. FerretWrangler

You think it'll take that long? I wouldn't be surprised they do seem to be taking awhile to form nugs.

15. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Some strains do take a little while to get going flowering while they concentrate on stretching/growing, it looks like your girls are coming to the end of the stretch so you're realistically looking at a further 8 weeks or so to get max yields ;)

16. FerretWrangler

It'll be worth it! Will they start to smell more?

17. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Good things definitely come to those who wait, the last 2/3 weeks are crucial for both weight and medicinal value :)
    They will start to smell ALOT more, let's say now they are at 2 out of 10 on the stinky scale. By weeks 9-11 it will be 10 out of 10 if not more :grinning:

18. FerretWrangler

Thats what I've read! I'm not keen to harvest early unless disaster strikes, that would be a waste. I'm gonna try to do it right :cool: I've made it this far.

But okay damn I wouldn't have expected that they'll have much more smell :eek: that's exciting.

The two tallest gg are kinda getting a yellow-green undertone which could definitely be from the molasses (which turned out to have soluble potash in it) or it could be because the ph sits above 6.5 constantly and those particular 2 would prefer a lower ph (possibly). I do believe they'll make it to harvest though because the younger growth looks healthy and the yellowish leaves seem fine apart from the light color. The pineapple and the bushier pheno of gg are greener than grass and happy as can be so i expect when harvest comes if these patterns continue i will harvest the tall gg's outright and simply reveg the two happier plants, since the scrog will maximize whatever i put in there and with enough veg time it'll be full no matter what.

19. FerretWrangler

Here they are today.

Attached Files:

20. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Sweet looking flowers :heart_eyes: