New start GG#4 and Pineapple

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Have you opened up all of the vents on the tent? Is there good airflow in the room?
Make sure you measure the temps at soil level, what's the reading there?
Is the ballast on your lamp remote? ie seperate from the lamp with a wire?
Does your lamp have an aircooled hood? if so you may want to extract that seperately carrying the hot air away from the grow area.
It might be prudent to switch over to the led for the time being if controlling the temps is going to be an issue.
All the vents are open, it was simply that it was on fan and not cool for 6 hours or so but it couldn't have been that hot for more than a couple hours. The air is definitely moving in there, the ballast is big and seperate from the light but its nice and cool and away far from the tent. I have 3 thermometers on the soil in different pots, 2 were reading 83-84 and the one closest to the light was saying 90. They're all within range now though, have been for hours. The hood does have holes i assume are for ducts but i wouldn't know how to extract the hot air. Honestly if i put the led in I'll have to run the heater and it'll be colder in there than I'd like. If i have to choose im gonna go with hot rather than cold, i can always move the light up until i can figure out how to get the hot air out.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
You're going to need extractor hose and an inline fan.
Ordinarily it would be setup like this
gallery_73344_4348_5588.jpg

But if you're not using a carbon filter you can use it like this
IMG_02341.JPG

In the pic directly above the tubing would go out of the tent and be attached to an inline fan pulling air out of the tent over the light, cooling it and exhausting the hot air, some growers use this warm exhaust to heat other grow areas that may need the warmth.
This is the kind of fan you're looking for
RAM_rvk_fan_100_side_web_480x480.jpg

Avoid the cheap cylindrical ones, they make ALOT of noise and don't move enough air.
It's great that your hood is air cooled that will make your life easy once setup :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
You're going to need extractor hose and an inline fan.
Ordinarily it would be setup like this
gallery_73344_4348_5588.jpg

But if you're not using a carbon filter you can use it like this
IMG_02341.JPG

In the pic directly above the tubing would go out of the tent and be attached to an inline fan pulling air out of the tent over the light, cooling it and exhausting the hot air, some growers use this warm exhaust to heat other grow areas that may need the warmth.
This is the kind of fan you're looking for
RAM_rvk_fan_100_side_web_480x480.jpg

Avoid the cheap cylindrical ones, they make ALOT of noise and don't move enough air.
It's great that your hood is air cooled that will make your life easy once setup :)
Ok that seems easy enough! The temps will be in hand until i can get something rigged up, it was my first over night in the tent and i didnt want it to get too cold.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks @Sunshine! I just moved the light up again, switched it off and sealed the tent up to give them some sleep. Hopefully with the light further away i won't need the A.C. or as much of it. Sorry for messy house pics. Its a small place and it's too cluttered for my liking. I absolutely adore the tent. It's so rigid and sturdy it can be hard to zip up :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Hopefully with the light further away i won't need the A.C. or as much of it.
Yes, this! When I used to use hps I always had them at the fixed final height, never lowered them :)
Don't worry about mess, you should see my place after a weekend of partying :party:
Tents are great aren't they, I stubbornly resisted getting one for years, when I finally caved in and bought one I was converted :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Yes, this! When I used to use hps I always had them at the fixed final height, never lowered them :)
Don't worry about mess, you should see my place after a weekend of partying :party:
Tents are great aren't they, I stubbornly resisted getting one for years, when I finally caved in and bought one I was converted :)
With the tent totally open to the room I've been able to control the humidity and temps infinitely better than I could've ever dreamed to with either of my old setups. It's less of a chore to check on them now, and more of a privilege.

Anyways i noticed the freshest little one has what appears to be some damage, probably from the seed. The most established one has a slight firing of the tips on it's newest little leaves. Should i worry about the damaged one? I'd rather scrap it and restart if so. And the one with light tips will probably be fine right? Might've simply hit a nutrient rich area. I feel like both of these issues are common.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
They'll be fine don't worry, the soil will be a bit on the warm side first run but they'll soon grow into it :)
Wonderful, as i suspected :) thanks again @Sunshine I'm excited to put this soil build to work! I imagine they are gonna grow up alot in the next week or so and after that they're gonna grow even faster.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
All five have broken the surface, and are standing at attention with their little leaves stretched out. I'm so excited, they're already doing me proud.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
How's the grow going @FerretWrangler? :)
Pretty good, it was wicked cold today so they were a little chilly near the end of their nap 66-68ºf.
I reburied them closer to the cotyledons but now it seems like i have to give them more water for it to soak down to root level. I think they're the right size for how early it is I'll try to get pics tomorrow. One of the pineapples is biggest and the rest are comparable sizes.

Back