Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now

tent vs custom cab

Discussion in 'New Grower Questions & Plant Problems' started by indigo76, Nov 18, 2017.

1. indigo76

indigo76 Guest

So I'm about to start my very first grow and would like to know whether it's best for me to make a custom cab. I have lots of wood from work I could use for free or just buy a tent from amazon and be done with it

I'm only looking to grow 2 ounces or so at a time nothing major league

Sunshine likes this.
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

It's a bit of a toss up between the two really indigo76. The main benefits of the tents are that they're extremely easy to erect, have all the vents etc and hanging points for filter and lights ready to use, they can also be packed away quickly and easily and stored away.
    To grow 2 ounces you wouldn't need a massive cabinet, something like 2w x 1d x 3h would suffice and would be an easy build. An old free cabinet from craigslist could easily be adapted or even an old fridge or fridge freezer :)
    Stealth wise the custom cab may be better for you as a tent is what it is and can't easily be disguised unless of course you have somewhere under the radar to put it.
    Lighting wise you might want to consider off the shelf store bought led's select the 9w+ bulbs, the 13w ones are ideal. With just 4 of these and a decent strain you can pull 2oz+ with very little power used :idea:

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Looking at prices an entry level small tent seems to be around $50, if you can get the materials to make your own cab for free then go with that my friend :sun:

BudMonster likes this.
  4. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

yeh I second the custom cab you seen the NGB ones something like that would be sound

5. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

NGB cab's are brilliant, good shout @BudMonster! That thread is real a blast from the past :)