Welcome to FreeCannabis.com

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medical Cannabis At Home
Register Now

Transplanting into Coco

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by FerretWrangler, Nov 9, 2017.

1. FerretWrangler

FerretWrangler Every day I'm Wrangling

I've had a look at those! Thanks for the tips, they have great drainage, almost to the point where I was worried the bottoms would fall out. Since it started when I moved the heater in I'll start there. None of it is detrimental looking, mostly just a nuance change in hue. I'll wait to feed again until I've got them transplanted.

Sunshine likes this.
  2. FerretWrangler

I'm looking at getting a 60x60x80 inch zetty grow tent and another 300w led around Christmas time, if I'm lucky a bit before. Thoughts on heat or how many plants/ how much bud I could get in there? The 1 gal pots are 8 inches in diameter and if i get a good sog going i dunno if i will need bigger pots. I believe I have too much temp and humidity fluctuation. If I can get the tent and my two leds I'll give the hps back to my buddy.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Nice @FerretWrangler , that's a decent size tent! 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m in new money.
    Thoughts on heat. A tent that size won't get very hot with 2 x 300s in the cold winter months, you may find it runs 67-70f so if you can heat it up to 77-82f that would be the aim. In the summer the low heat output from the led's is a blessing :)
    This would probably be the best 3 months (dec/jan/feb) to use a 600w as you won't be battling with the heat and the extra warmth will be welcome :idea:
    Yield depends on many factors. Anywhere from .5 grams per (actual) watt - 1.5gpw with the right strain and techniques. That's anywhere from 150grams to 450grams.

4. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

im interested in coco sog to. cool thread im following :eyes:

FerretWrangler likes this.
  5. FerretWrangler

Keeping the hps around for a bit is an interesting concept! I would need a duct and an inline fan then correct? Fingers crossed I can get it and have a decent haul out of it.

Also, the one that went in the coco looks bigger already, but one side has cupping on the tips leaves. Light too close?

20171113_042429.jpg

6. FerretWrangler

I've done some reading and I'm thinking it's more along the lines of heat stress, from the heater not the light.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

One of these will take the guess work out of your temp and humidity :)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1R0K68/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=A39VTLCPMNRL3Z
    Duct an inline fan are for air cooled hoods/removing hot air from your grow/extracting smelly air via a carbon filter. They are not necessarily essential for using the 600.
    Without a carbon filter though your place will stink to high (excuse the pun) heaven in the final four weeks, which may or may not be an issue.

8. FerretWrangler

Hygrometer is definitely high on the list! Smell shouldnt be any trouble :) My babies are cranky right now, and I believe you were spot on that I fed too early but all the new growth looks fine.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

10. FerretWrangler

Soon, but I don't have room in the closet to do any more really and I can't move any into the big room because of mites. I'm going to try and get mite killers a week from today and as soon as I feel they're gone I'll pot them up and get them under the big light.

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

How are things going with the coco ladies @FerretWrangler? Any updates? :)

12. FerretWrangler

If I had woken up earlier I could've taken pics but the light literally just went off. I'll post pics in 4-8 hours depending on when I get to it.

13. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine the first one I transplanted is a smelly one! It's hard to tell because of the ferret catastrophe but I'm thinking fb or dm? Anyways, I probably should've flushed it sooner because it's showing faintly light tips throughout. It was also the one most affected by my careless use of the space heater.
    The most recent transplant I'm almost positive is dm, it hasn't been fed since transplant since it was one that was affected, and I just watered it 24 hours ago.

14. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

Good luck getting her back on track my friend :)

15. BudMonster

BudMonster Active Member

yeh good luck Ferret i found coco to be an absolute mofo but some ppl swear by it though

16. FerretWrangler

@Sunshine is this a favorable perlite to coco ratio? In the two original pots I feel like the coco gets compacted down and holds too much water.

17. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

@FerretWrangler you can really use as much perlite as you like, I'd shoot for 20% as a minimum if your finding the mix is holding too much moisture :)

18. FerretWrangler

Cool beans, it shall be done. I'm running tests and trying to get the environment setup and as dialed in as I can get it before I make the move. I've got my fingers crossed for tonight. I will post when I've made some real progress :)

19. FerretWrangler

Actually while I've got the time @Sunshine I do have one more question. What rh should I keep in there? Between pots of water, a heater a fan and an ac/fan unit with a mechanical gate in it leading to the outside, I'm thinking I may have a small degree of control with rh.

20. Sunshine

Sunshine Organic Fanatic

This VPD chart may be useful, you want to be in the green band ideally :)
    [​IMG]