GROWING WEED OUTSIDE FOR BEGINNERS

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
I have seen so many saying oh, it's really hard to grow You'll need our help, I'm like WTF? I grew it back in the 90s still dab with it, started again 6 months ago, on my 2nd harvest, & they still acting like big growers, On my 3rd grow now, I don't listen to them, it's not hard you heard of Johnny Appleseed? he didn't come back to do anything he planted it & left, nature took care of the rest, as I did in the 90s I grew them in a closet planted them & only watered, they grew up quite nicely, & hearing these kids saying b/s which I knew was bunk b/c I never used them & I grew enough to supply
I think the best way to learn is to just do it. Get to know the plant and your environment. I do listen to others with an open mind because there is good advice in some of it. My best learning experiences has come from my failures.

progro

Jun 1, 2022
I just pin-printed when to harvest the plants, they are ready to go, the leaves around the buds are dying the hairs on the buds are auburn, another way is to look at the leaves around the buds the leaves are dying around the buds they're about ready, as my last photos were, which ended up getting too tall & wasted the harvest, it's trial & error, I don't sweat it, it was an average loss of buds but rather start fresh & be ready when it's a time like they are now, once you start you will see IT'S NOT HARD 1 BIT, IT'S ABOUT HOW MUCH WATER and your leaves telling you, I did was read, is the only way you'll learn, forums by themselves won't help you it will only confuse you, you need to establish a routine what you use & grow it to harvest then, using fertilizers to improve the yields, what I did on my 1st grow grabbed an HPS light hung it over the bar that holds the clothes hanged it over the plant, no air conditioners no heaters, no humidifiers, nothing just basics, this was before we had computers , we had only books to read, with them you don't get confused at all

progro

Jun 1, 2022
I think the best way to learn is to just do it. Get to know the plant and your environment. I do listen to others with an open mind because there is good advice in some of it. My best learning experiences has come from my failures.
that's right try it, then watch it grow as I did, it grew to almost flowering with a state cop upstairs isn't good, I left it at vege, I was nervy & tried a few stunts in my time, but it's all legal now

progro

Jun 1, 2022
View attachment 14066

With so many people growing weed for the first time we thought it would be worthwhile publishing some general guidelines that will allow you to make a good start and grow some absolutely great quality weed with the minimum effort. Over the next few weeks we will review indoor, outdoor and greenhouse grows.

Today we look at outdoor growing. For lots of people growing outdoors is the preferred method. Outdoor enthusiasts say that sun-grown weed tastes better too. Certainly the potential for growth is enormous especially in warm sunny climates.

Anyone looking to grow outdoors should read some of the tips and advice on the grow forums such as FreeCannabis.com where you can read about everything from soil characterisation, soil improvement, pest control and lots more.

Selection of grow spot. In a domestic back garden on your own property you just need a sunny position. Most growers prefer a private spot that can’t be seen by others.

Which seeds to grow? For a first time grower you are looking for a strain with a proven reputation for being hardy enough to grow outdoors even in northern climates such as the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, the northern part of Russia etc. The highly recommended Frisian Dew and Passion#1 have stood the test of time and are solid, robust varieties which will yield well even in the hands of first time growers when only a few basic preparations are made. Even in northerly latitudes tough strains such as Passion #1 and Frisian Dew are capable of yielding well. AutoFem’s need just 10 weeks from seed to finish, even a Siberian summer can support them!

View attachment 14065
Holland's Hope. Another proven Dutch Passion outdoor variety with generous yields

Preparing the grow spot. Your spot maybe in your garden/greenhouse, woodland, by a field, in a forest clearing, near a river bank or on a mountain. But wherever you are you growing you should really accept that preparing the soil you plan to grow in is a minimum requirement. Many growers will prepare the plot as few months before and dig in manure, compost, or fertilisers such as worm castings, bat guano etc. First-time growers may simply prefer to get the ground dug over and put in as much good quality bagged compost as they can carry. That approach alone will be a good start. More experienced growers will test soil pH, adding lime if it is too acidic and digging in well rotted manure a few months before the grow starts.

Preparing the plants. Often the grower will have sprouted the seeds and grown them into small healthy plants before taking them to the final outdoor grow spot. As a general rule you will get better results in the long run if the plants are established and healthy before planting out. Often they are started indoors under lights or in a greenhouse. When to plant your young plants or
seedlings will depend on where you live. In Spain you might be able to plant out in March or April whereas a UK grower may want to wait until May.

Protecting the spot.
Rabbits and deer are constant threats to cannabis plants, so are other large mammals. Many growers will surround the plant with a ring of chicken wire (or similar) 50cm high. They may put a few slug pellets down on visits to the plants. Often growers will take the chance to get a few litres of water put into the ground near the plant on visits. Google Earth is useful to many outdoor growers for selecting good grow spots. Nearby rivers are useful for water especially if it is hot and dry.

Outdoor growers in warm climates with longer seasons will be able to grow more exotic strains than more northerly growers.

And without too much trouble you will find that even a first time grower can get an ample harvest of absolutely top quality marijuana. Just as good as anything you will have bought, if not better. And with even the best outdoor strains available for well under €10 per seed you can see that a seed is a great value investment, so get some good ones. The cannabis seeds you buy for your grow is the one area of your life where you really should not compromise!

View attachment 14064
Look at this photo to see what can be achieved. If the plant really gets well established then yields of several hundred grams from single plants are quite common.

To harvest the weed it is simply chopped off and dried by hanging on a wire in a dry and dark place. Once it has been dried it is cured (or matured), often for a couple of months or more in glass jars or sealable plastic containers. Most growers will tell you that a well cured weed smokes smoother and strange though it sounds it may seem stronger when it is well cured. Good weed will often still be a
great smoke many months after harvest if well cured. Longer term weed storage is possible by putting marijuana in a sealed container in the fridge. Although it is not widely known, you can also put your stash in a freezer where it will remain highly potent and just as tasty for years.

So if you are planning on growing outdoors now is the time to decide where and perhaps start preparing. The internet has lots of grow information in your own language, and you may want to get a good book. Authors such as Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal have been popular, but there are lots of great resources online these days. Thanks to modern outdoor varieties and fast growing AutoFem’s everyone can grow great quality marijuana outdoors and become self sufficient very easily. What are you waiting for ?
e can't have those types of plants in a residential area, the cops would take them, a lot of laws & regulations we have to follow, you get caught there's a hefty fine, can't have them visible to kids, etc, puts us regular growers at a disadvantage, is this the guy that said he only has 2 plants? come on now, I'm not naive I know there are more than just 2 plants, looks like Mendo farms, Mendo farms have many more than 20 if you can grow that many & a distributor more power to you, today's the day they are going down, & starting another, not as good as mine as nature outside is it's best fertilizers, the difference between those are those are photos, they're easier than the autos

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_080747257.jpg
    IMG_20220724_080747257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220724_080800579.jpg
    IMG_20220724_080800579.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20220724_080823454.jpg
    IMG_20220724_080823454.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220803_035513391_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220803_035513391_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220310_152303 (1).jpg
    20220310_152303 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
that's right try it, then watch it grow as I did, it grew to almost flowering with a state cop upstairs isn't good, I left it at vege, I was nervy & tried a few stunts in my time, but it's all legal now
I live in a prohibition state. My neighbor behind me was the local sheriff for the county jail. I grew weed outside anyways. There are ways to hide it. He moved this Spring, thank goodness.

Joedracer79

Jun 25, 2023
View attachment 14066

With so many people growing weed for the first time we thought it would be worthwhile publishing some general guidelines that will allow you to make a good start and grow some absolutely great quality weed with the minimum effort. Over the next few weeks we will review indoor, outdoor and greenhouse grows.

Today we look at outdoor growing. For lots of people growing outdoors is the preferred method. Outdoor enthusiasts say that sun-grown weed tastes better too. Certainly the potential for growth is enormous especially in warm sunny climates.

Anyone looking to grow outdoors should read some of the tips and advice on the grow forums such as FreeCannabis.com where you can read about everything from soil characterisation, soil improvement, pest control and lots more.

Selection of grow spot. In a domestic back garden on your own property you just need a sunny position. Most growers prefer a private spot that can’t be seen by others.

Which seeds to grow? For a first time grower you are looking for a strain with a proven reputation for being hardy enough to grow outdoors even in northern climates such as the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, the northern part of Russia etc. The highly recommended Frisian Dew and Passion#1 have stood the test of time and are solid, robust varieties which will yield well even in the hands of first time growers when only a few basic preparations are made. Even in northerly latitudes tough strains such as Passion #1 and Frisian Dew are capable of yielding well. AutoFem’s need just 10 weeks from seed to finish, even a Siberian summer can support them!

View attachment 14065
Holland's Hope. Another proven Dutch Passion outdoor variety with generous yields

Preparing the grow spot. Your spot maybe in your garden/greenhouse, woodland, by a field, in a forest clearing, near a river bank or on a mountain. But wherever you are you growing you should really accept that preparing the soil you plan to grow in is a minimum requirement. Many growers will prepare the plot as few months before and dig in manure, compost, or fertilisers such as worm castings, bat guano etc. First-time growers may simply prefer to get the ground dug over and put in as much good quality bagged compost as they can carry. That approach alone will be a good start. More experienced growers will test soil pH, adding lime if it is too acidic and digging in well rotted manure a few months before the grow starts.

Preparing the plants. Often the grower will have sprouted the seeds and grown them into small healthy plants before taking them to the final outdoor grow spot. As a general rule you will get better results in the long run if the plants are established and healthy before planting out. Often they are started indoors under lights or in a greenhouse. When to plant your young plants or
seedlings will depend on where you live. In Spain you might be able to plant out in March or April whereas a UK grower may want to wait until May.

Protecting the spot.
Rabbits and deer are constant threats to cannabis plants, so are other large mammals. Many growers will surround the plant with a ring of chicken wire (or similar) 50cm high. They may put a few slug pellets down on visits to the plants. Often growers will take the chance to get a few litres of water put into the ground near the plant on visits. Google Earth is useful to many outdoor growers for selecting good grow spots. Nearby rivers are useful for water especially if it is hot and dry.

Outdoor growers in warm climates with longer seasons will be able to grow more exotic strains than more northerly growers.

And without too much trouble you will find that even a first time grower can get an ample harvest of absolutely top quality marijuana. Just as good as anything you will have bought, if not better. And with even the best outdoor strains available for well under €10 per seed you can see that a seed is a great value investment, so get some good ones. The cannabis seeds you buy for your grow is the one area of your life where you really should not compromise!

View attachment 14064
Look at this photo to see what can be achieved. If the plant really gets well established then yields of several hundred grams from single plants are quite common.

To harvest the weed it is simply chopped off and dried by hanging on a wire in a dry and dark place. Once it has been dried it is cured (or matured), often for a couple of months or more in glass jars or sealable plastic containers. Most growers will tell you that a well cured weed smokes smoother and strange though it sounds it may seem stronger when it is well cured. Good weed will often still be a
great smoke many months after harvest if well cured. Longer term weed storage is possible by putting marijuana in a sealed container in the fridge. Although it is not widely known, you can also put your stash in a freezer where it will remain highly potent and just as tasty for years.

So if you are planning on growing outdoors now is the time to decide where and perhaps start preparing. The internet has lots of grow information in your own language, and you may want to get a good book. Authors such as Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal have been popular, but there are lots of great resources online these days. Thanks to modern outdoor varieties and fast growing AutoFem’s everyone can grow great quality marijuana outdoors and become self sufficient very easily. What are you waiting for ?
Those look like Blue Dream buds.. I m curios to know the strains of these monsters

auracbd

Oct 22, 2023
It's great to see a post offering advice on outdoor cannabis growing. Growing your own can be a rewarding experience. Starting with robust strains like Frisian Dew or Passion #1 is a smart choice for first-time growers in northern climates. Soil preparation is crucial, and experienced growers often use various amendments for optimal results.

Establishing healthy plants indoors before transplanting is a common practice, and the timing depends on your location. Protecting your crop from wildlife and monitoring factors like water availability is essential.

Curing and storing harvested cannabis properly is key to maintaining quality. Many enthusiasts believe that well-cured weed offers a smoother smoke and potentially enhanced potency.

For those considering outdoor cultivation, now is the time to plan and prepare. There's a wealth of information available online and in books to help you succeed. Happy growing! 🌿🌞🌱

Magu*

Nov 28, 2023
Me too! I only grow outdoors. Every year is a challenge, but the learning curve is high. Some years are bust, some years are fantastic. This year is a hard year due to drought and every kind of pest you can imagine. The girls I have harvested and currently have growing are some of the healthiest plantsI have ever grown.
As far as legally growing, I don’t know what that is. Permits and plant limits aren Old school rules.
Damn right brother. I’ve been growing for 40 years and I aint never had no permits. Overgrow the government ! 😀

Back