Kali Mist x Timanfaya Haze - Flowering

Sideways Onion

Feb 5, 2024
Great thread, what an interesting read.

My opinion with regards to when I harvest is.............. there is no 1 fits all, every strain is different and every plant of every strain is different in a different location.

I harvest when the fade starts and I have 10-20% amber trichomes.

Some history..... I grow outdoors organically, in living soil in 200 Ltr bags mainly Sativa's. I harvest in stages, starting at the most advanced main top flowers showing 80-90% cloudy and 10-20% amber trichomes. Over 3 - 5 days I move down and inwards as the lower inner flowers mature.

At present, I have 2 large Jazz Plant "cannabis trees", standing 3 meters tall, one is currently in the process of being harvested and the other will be harvested when the 10-20% amber trichome threshold is reached.

So here we have 1 strain, 2 plants, popped, treated as a seedlings and grown in exactly the same position in the same cloth bags (3 meters apart but same 100% full sun all day) fed exactly the same teas, mulches and mountain water, yet they are not ready for harvest at the same time, my guess is they will end up being harvested at least 7-10 days apart.

My only tip is - if you are unsure wait a day or 2, growing cannabis is not a race its art.

Last edited:

Back