Kali Mist x Timanfaya Haze - Flowering

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021
You can post them in Spanish. Puedo leer español.

I like to see almost no new white pistils. If it's still throwing white pistils, then it's still making more flower material. Then, I check the trichomes with a scope. Check the trichs on the main part of the bud, not the sugar leaves.
IMG_20221014_165319.jpg

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
You can post them in Spanish. Puedo leer español.

I like to see almost no new white pistils. If it's still throwing white pistils, then it's still making more flower material. Then, I check the trichomes with a scope. Check the trichs on the main part of the bud, not the sugar leaves.
View attachment 23109
I have a colleague who says that this way the plants are already overdone and in the writing he did he has a lot of logic in what he says I will try to upload it, as I said it is in Spanish.

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
Here is a great analysis written by a colleague, when to cut? here I leave it as an attachment in PDF format. After you read it tell me what you think

Attachments

• ¿Cuando cortar_ 2013.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 48

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Here is a great analysis written by a colleague, when to cut? here I leave it as an attachment in PDF format. After you read it tell me what you think
🤠nothing is on this page at least for me that i see 🧙‍♂️

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Alphatoy if there is is an attachment, you touch it and it downloads to your computer it is a secure PDF file.
🤠sorry i know about this much() in working a computer i can do the simple things like typing. PDF ??where do i find PDF,s ??? sorry i am pretty slow at 81 years young 🧙‍♂️

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
🤠sorry i know about this much() in working a computer i can do the simple things like typing. PDF ??where do i find PDF,s ??? sorry i am pretty slow at 81 years young 🧙‍♂️

It is simple friend you click on the file I left, and it automatically downloads to your computer, you should have it in the downloaded files and there you open it and the computer should have a software that reads PDF files, but it is in Spanish, you can even translate it because there are very good programs for that.

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021
@Arsonist sorry it took so long for me to get back on this.

I read the article. It is an opinion piece with no data to back up the argument. This does not mean to say whether it is true or untrue, only that it is an unsubstantiated assertion.

To truly support the argument, an experiment would have to be conducted where clones from the same mother were grown with all environmental variables controlled. They would be harvested incrementally every 3 or 5 days, starting when they are obviously too early and ending when they are obviously too late, recording pictures at harvest time for comparison of ratios of pistil colors. Then, lab analysis of flower to compare essential compounds.

I imagine this must have been done by someone already. Not sure if the data is available on the interwebs.

Short of the above, everything is unsubstantiated opinion. My opinion. The article author's opinion. Everyone's opinion gained through experience. My opinion is what seems to work for me that was developed over years of harvests and communicating with other growers. The author also developed his opinion similarly,but arrived at a different conclusion.

apolos

Dec 14, 2022
I wouldn't chop her down either. She's still pushing out white hairs and a lot of them. I find it's best to start checking the trichomes once she's stopped putting out white hairs and going into senescence. Trichomes are constantly being made and dying off for the entire life cycle of the flowering stage. I'd push her to at least week 12 and I bet she swells up even more. The breeders purposefully give you a minimum average, best case scenario, number as it makes the sale more attractive if you have a faster flowering plant on sale.

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
@Arsonist sorry it took so long for me to get back on this.

I read the article. It is an opinion piece with no data to back up the argument. This does not mean to say whether it is true or untrue, only that it is an unsubstantiated assertion.

To truly support the argument, an experiment would have to be conducted where clones from the same mother were grown with all environmental variables controlled. They would be harvested incrementally every 3 or 5 days, starting when they are obviously too early and ending when they are obviously too late, recording pictures at harvest time for comparison of ratios of pistil colors. Then, lab analysis of flower to compare essential compounds.

I imagine this must have been done by someone already. Not sure if the data is available on the interwebs.

Short of the above, everything is unsubstantiated opinion. My opinion. The article author's opinion. Everyone's opinion gained through experience. My opinion is what seems to work for me that was developed over years of harvests and communicating with other growers. The author also developed his opinion similarly,but arrived at a different conclusion.

Hi Tracker I differ a little with what you say about the basics, rather I would say that if he has arguments, he mentions that he has cut several plants guided by the pistils when they are less dry, even when they are almost all dry and says that the ones that were better were the ones I always cut before.

And on that point I understand because I have already cut plants and the effect has been more active and less narcotic when there are still white hairs and a certain amount of brown pistils, of course I wanted to cut my plant before 70, but I realized that I can wait a few more days without problems, what you say at some point is reasonable and the tests you mention would be more organized and detailed, but the friend is also a grower for years and has done many tests, for me it is very logical what he says, as I mentioned I have seen how they cut plants with all the hairs dry and it seems to me that this way you should not cut the plants because even after cut the plant continues to mature in the drying and then in the curing.

Therefore I think that cutting when 25%, 50% or 75% of the pistils are brown is a good cutting point, of course also observing how the trichomes are would be a combination, that if it would be right.

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
I wouldn't chop her down either. She's still pushing out white hairs and a lot of them. I find it's best to start checking the trichomes once she's stopped putting out white hairs and going into senescence. Trichomes are constantly being made and dying off for the entire life cycle of the flowering stage. I'd push her to at least week 12 and I bet she swells up even more. The breeders purposefully give you a minimum average, best case scenario, number as it makes the sale more attractive if you have a faster flowering plant on sale.

Hello I will not cut yet but if a couple of days after 70 days, I have seen how they cut plants past with all the dry hairs or pistils and it seems to me an incorrect practice, I would only say that cutting so the effect is too narcotic and in my case I like more a psychoactive and dynamic effect, that keeps me awake and creative, those who cut before all the pistils dry we get that vigorous effect.

Some point out that the marijuana of before was better but it is not about that if not that they cut it at its point, now most cut them past and that has become a fashion, as I mentioned the plant after cut continues to mature both in the drying and curing and cut with a certain time.

Of course I also take macro photos in a project I have with that kind of captures and there I can see the state of the trichomes perfectly, then I combine all this and that gives me a greater certainty to know if I'm cutting at its point.

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
It has been good the support in the forum, almost finishing this follow-up because I am already in the drying and then curing and the respective test, so last Monday I made the cutting of the Kali Mist 1 because I have another one coming on the way, this plant has been very solid since it germinated and it has been a pleasure to cultivate it after having paused for 3 years involuntarily for the reasons that I have explained previously.

What gives me pleasure is to be able to harvest with the certainty that it is ready, and it has been the best production I have had so far since I started self-cultivation a few years ago.

I will leave the photos of the day I harvested this great plant and I wait for your opinions.

IMG_20230814_093939.jpg
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_20230814_093817.jpg
IMG_2965.JPG

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠after drying and jarring it you can try it you dont have to wait 1 month curing it to try it but i will say great looking plant happy growing and testing.. 🧙‍♂️

Last edited:

ThcFarmer

Mar 18, 2022
This was a good read. Excellent documentation. In my opinion this was absolutely in the harvest window. Sativa can push out pistals forever and the older trichomes will degrade. Right in the beginning of the opening of my window of 70% color change on the pistals. Excellent work. How did the smoke turn out-potent?

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
This was a good read. Excellent documentation. In my opinion this was absolutely in the harvest window. Sativa can push out pistals forever and the older trichomes will degrade. Right in the beginning of the opening of my window of 70% color change on the pistals. Excellent work. How did the smoke turn out-potent?
Hi glad you stopped by and left your opinion on the harvest, yes the smoke was very relaxing at first but it wakes you up, being harvested earlier or maybe on time as you mention, some prefer to harvest later but that makes it degrade as you say and becomes more narcotic effect.

Personally I quit smoking, but now I am vaporizing and it produces a different effect than smoking because you are only ingesting vapor and it is more cerebral because you are eliminating the harmful effects of combustion, also something that I like a lot, it improves the taste to be so clean and test the authentic flavor of the plant, soon I will publish the tool with which I am vaporizing that is extremely minimalist.

Arsonist

Feb 4, 2023
Are you vaporizing the flower you grow or making oil/resin or buying cartridges?
Vaporizing the flowers I grow friend, logically, I can not waste that material and I think the combustion is lost many benefits, of course you notice the effect but with a large toxic load to burn.

Today I will try to make a post about the vape I use.

Back