Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Organic Sunshines Mixed Strain Grow

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #101
Sure @Nate, I'll write an explanation and try and find some pics to illustrate :)
Revegging for a second/third/fourth/fifth harvest
It's my opinion that the vast majority of homegrowers are missing a trick by killing and discarding healthy root stocks that they've invested time and energy in cultivating.
It's often banded about that you get a lower harvest from a revegetated plant and other such myths, often perpetrated by growers who have never even tried it.
The reality is that you have a healthy root stock and stem capable of producing a harvest quicker and larger than the previous.

It's important to note that if you intend to reveg a plant for a second/x harvest it's vitally important that the plant isn't left to flower too far towards the end of the window, there must still be the odd white hair and some vigour left in the plant. To this end I would recommend not flushing before harvest, firstly because we should all be growing organically and it is completely unnecessary in organics, and secondly by not starving the plant of nutrients the plant remains healthy right through to the end of flower production.

How to crop for reveg

When harvesting a plant for reveg you need to leave around 1/3 of the plant with some small buds on so there is a reasonable amount of plant of material left to regrow. Don't worry if you leave too many little buds, they will continue to mature for a week or so even when the lights have been reverted to 20/4 or 22/2 etc (I'd recommend a longer light cycle to encourage reversion to veg state) and can be harvested when there are signs of growth.

Here is a pic of a plant that someone has left a small amount of buds on to reveg, you can already see the signs of regrowth:

The approach to harvest would be to chop each branch leaving a couple of nodes or more at the bottom the branch which will regrow when the lights are flipped back to veg cycle+.
I'd recommend even going 24hours lights on for the first week after harvest to really kick start regrowth, then knocking it down to 20/4 or 22/2 in the following week.
The harvested stock/plants regrow suprisingly quickly and can be ready to put back into flowering in as little as 20 days from the previous harvest!
The initial regrowth looks weird and a bit funky like in this pic

Once the plant is starting to grow and is clearly vegging again you can thin out the shoots to the strongest, or conversely snip the weakest.
Revegged plants are superb for scrog grows due to the very large number of tops the plants produce.
Unless you do something unspeakable to your plants they will, by virtue of the previous stem and root growth (existing infrastructure), produce more flowers and quicker than the harvest before.
The key is to keep plants healthy and vibrant and you can enjoy multiple crops from your favourite girl! :sun:

I've just realised I wrote a small book :joy:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #105
This tent is only 1.2m tall, yield hard to say but something like 5-6 oz is normal although it will be slightly less as I'll be partially cropping to reveg so some bud will be left on the plants :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #108

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #110
Two top colas in this pic were taken down last night, now hanging.
FBxSS
FBxTW
FBxTW in the back and the leaning over ripe bud is Passion#1xFB (top bud also chopped yesterday)
Closer look at the FBxTW

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #111
The 2 buckets with the passion#1 x fruitbowl have now been taken down completely and the fans left to mulch on top of the soil. These pots will be left without a crop this next (reveg) run and will be top dressed with fbb and left.
There's more room for the two other pots to spread out now, FB x TW to the left and FB x SS to the right :)
I removed some of the fans on the FB x SS to allow a bit more light to penetrate and reduce the chance of mould.
Main cola of the FB x SS
Wait what's this??? A stow away :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #116
@FerretWrangler I'm currently using 2 x 180w (each has 60 x 3w diodes) led units, they're unbranded ones I got sent direct from china in 13/14.
They seem quite well made and are dimmable and each of the light panels (2 per light) is individually dimmable/switch offable, which is quite useful when taking pics and during particularly hot spells :idea:
Newer similar led units (cobs aside) have 5w diodes (like the mars) some even have 10w diodes, which in theory should give even better light penetration than the older 1w/3w diode units :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #118
These little buds won't be wasted, in around a week when the plants are growing again they'll be harvested and will be some very crystally little flowers.
You can see the growth starting again on this little bud, the small leaf potruding from the flower is where it starts

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Thread starter #120
Today most of the old bud was removed, taking the plants back as low as possible without being too brutal.
Top dress of two scoops of FBB per pot added as well as leaf mulch and watered it in well to the soil.
This is where we are now
It looks a bit of a mess and very bare at this stage but in a week it will start to look quite different :)