Organic Sunshines Mixed Strain Grow

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Main cola of the SSFB
Some secondary buds in these 2 pics, this plant wasn't pinched just bent slightly. It has a nice growth pattern with most of the side branches becoming tops themselves and reaching a similar canopy level to the terminal cola.
Here's are some upskirt pics of the nodes, you can see the little buds growing.

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
Group shot taken yesterday evening :)
The tall ones have been supercropped and bent over to keep them within the effective light area. I'm not concerned about the undergrowth, this is for the next crop that will come through very quickly ;)
After harvest the lower portion of the plant will get 20 days+/- of 22-24 hours light per day and then reflipped. This second harvest will provide at least as large a crop as the first run, typically significantly more :sun:
Do you mind explaining how to do this?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Sure @Nate, I'll write an explanation and try and find some pics to illustrate :)
Revegging for a second/third/fourth/fifth harvest
It's my opinion that the vast majority of homegrowers are missing a trick by killing and discarding healthy root stocks that they've invested time and energy in cultivating.
It's often banded about that you get a lower harvest from a revegetated plant and other such myths, often perpetrated by growers who have never even tried it.
The reality is that you have a healthy root stock and stem capable of producing a harvest quicker and larger than the previous.

It's important to note that if you intend to reveg a plant for a second/x harvest it's vitally important that the plant isn't left to flower too far towards the end of the window, there must still be the odd white hair and some vigour left in the plant. To this end I would recommend not flushing before harvest, firstly because we should all be growing organically and it is completely unnecessary in organics, and secondly by not starving the plant of nutrients the plant remains healthy right through to the end of flower production.

How to crop for reveg

When harvesting a plant for reveg you need to leave around 1/3 of the plant with some small buds on so there is a reasonable amount of plant of material left to regrow. Don't worry if you leave too many little buds, they will continue to mature for a week or so even when the lights have been reverted to 20/4 or 22/2 etc (I'd recommend a longer light cycle to encourage reversion to veg state) and can be harvested when there are signs of growth.

Here is a pic of a plant that someone has left a small amount of buds on to reveg, you can already see the signs of regrowth:
just-harvested-reveg-cannabis-3-days-later-sm.jpg

The approach to harvest would be to chop each branch leaving a couple of nodes or more at the bottom the branch which will regrow when the lights are flipped back to veg cycle+.
I'd recommend even going 24hours lights on for the first week after harvest to really kick start regrowth, then knocking it down to 20/4 or 22/2 in the following week.
The harvested stock/plants regrow suprisingly quickly and can be ready to put back into flowering in as little as 20 days from the previous harvest!
The initial regrowth looks weird and a bit funky like in this pic
cannabis-re-veg-after-harvest-odd-round-leaves-sm.jpg

Once the plant is starting to grow and is clearly vegging again you can thin out the shoots to the strongest, or conversely snip the weakest.
Revegged plants are superb for scrog grows due to the very large number of tops the plants produce.
Unless you do something unspeakable to your plants they will, by virtue of the previous stem and root growth (existing infrastructure), produce more flowers and quicker than the harvest before.
The key is to keep plants healthy and vibrant and you can enjoy multiple crops from your favourite girl! :sun:

I've just realised I wrote a small book :joy:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
This tent is only 1.2m tall, yield hard to say but something like 5-6 oz is normal although it will be slightly less as I'll be partially cropping to reveg so some bud will be left on the plants :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Two top colas in this pic were taken down last night, now hanging.
FBxSS
FBxTW
FBxTW in the back and the leaning over ripe bud is Passion#1xFB (top bud also chopped yesterday)
Closer look at the FBxTW

Back